CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

ART removed in stock 4.4.3

3rd June 2014, 04:17 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 276
 
658 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Only on manta. It's available on my hammerhead, but not on this. First the translucency, now this....What the hell Google?
 
 
3rd June 2014, 04:40 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
ART was never available on the Nexus 10 - including on 4.4.2. It's only on limited android devices (not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this)... for example, it's on my GS5 running 4.4.2, but not on my girlfriend's GS4 also on 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravenofdoom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 09:44 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
ART was never available on stock manta rom. nothing is changed.
4th June 2014, 01:15 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenofdoom

not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this

It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.
The Following User Says Thank You to locovaca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 05:08 PM |#5  
Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 67
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovaca

It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.

Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.
17th June 2014, 03:45 PM |#6  
XxLordxX's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 1,228
 
3,051 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abufrejoval

Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.

Hi,

The data partition is separated from the system partition, therefore the only way to solve the no space would be repartition the device, which is a risky procedure. For example, my Galaxy S4 was a 16GB device, with only 9GB available to the user, because the rest was taken by system and cache for example.

~Lord
23rd June 2014, 11:48 PM |#7  
Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovaca

It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.

Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?
26th June 2014, 10:01 PM |#8  
hanspampel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,635
 
1,724 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
ART will be standard in "Android L", so i think all will get this compiler who gets the new android.
27th June 2014, 07:51 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
622 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchy93

Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?

It doesn't necessarily meant that. The N10 didn't have room for both ART and Dalvik, but it's possible ART alone would fit. Still, I'm not getting my hopes up for an official update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes