Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ART removed in stock 4.4.3

Tip us?

Koopa777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243
Default ART removed in stock 4.4.3

Only on manta. It's available on my hammerhead, but not on this. First the translucency, now this....What the hell Google?
Phone: Google Nexus 5 "hammerhead" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS Kernel: ElementalX 1.00
Tablet: Amazon Kindle Fire (Gen 1) "otterx" ROM: CM11-F2FS by Hashcode
Tablet: Google Nexus 10 "manta" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS-All Kernel: KT-Manta F2FS-All
Retired: Sprint Motorola Photon 4G "sunfire", Sprint LG G2 "LS980"

ravenofdoom
Old
Thanks Meter 21
ART was never available on the Nexus 10 - including on 4.4.2. It's only on limited android devices (not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this)... for example, it's on my GS5 running 4.4.2, but not on my girlfriend's GS4 also on 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravenofdoom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fifthelement
Old
Thanks Meter 55
ART was never available on stock manta rom. nothing is changed.

locovaca
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenofdoom View Post
not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this
It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.
The Following User Says Thank You to locovaca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abufrejoval
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovaca View Post
It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.
Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 991

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abufrejoval View Post
Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.
Hi,

The data partition is separated from the system partition, therefore the only way to solve the no space would be repartition the device, which is a risky procedure. For example, my Galaxy S4 was a 16GB device, with only 9GB available to the user, because the rest was taken by system and cache for example.

~Lord

butchy93
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovaca View Post
Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?

hanspampel
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2218

DONATE TO ME
ART will be standard in "Android L", so i think all will get this compiler who gets the new android.
Samsung Galaxy S4 - [Android 4.4.2] - Imperium Rom
Nexus 10 - [Android 4.4.4] - My "Factory Image"
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - [Android 4.4.2] - my own xKat ROM
"My small Projects"

pfmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchy93 View Post
Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?
It doesn't necessarily meant that. The N10 didn't have room for both ART and Dalvik, but it's possible ART alone would fit. Still, I'm not getting my hopes up for an official update.