How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ART removed in stock 4.4.3

OP Koopa777

3rd June 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257

617 posts
Only on manta. It's available on my hammerhead, but not on this. First the translucency, now this....What the hell Google?
3rd June 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

79 posts
More
ART was never available on the Nexus 10 - including on 4.4.2. It's only on limited android devices (not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this)... for example, it's on my GS5 running 4.4.2, but not on my girlfriend's GS4 also on 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravenofdoom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 66

256 posts
ART was never available on stock manta rom. nothing is changed.
4th June 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenofdoom

not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this

It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.
The Following User Says Thank You to locovaca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovaca

It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.

Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.
17th June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,105

2,899 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abufrejoval

Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.

Hi,

The data partition is separated from the system partition, therefore the only way to solve the no space would be repartition the device, which is a risky procedure. For example, my Galaxy S4 was a 16GB device, with only 9GB available to the user, because the rest was taken by system and cache for example.

~Lord
24th June 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #7  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovaca

Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?
26th June 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,389

1,654 posts
Donate to Me
More
ART will be standard in "Android L", so i think all will get this compiler who gets the new android.
27th June 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 79

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchy93

Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?

It doesn't necessarily meant that. The N10 didn't have room for both ART and Dalvik, but it's possible ART alone would fit. Still, I'm not getting my hopes up for an official update.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread