Galaxy Player 5.0 Intl + Gear 2

OP blacklightning

27th June 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
I just wanted to share my experience on activating and installing Galaxy gear 2 smart watch using Galaxy Player 5.0 International version.

Tested on Meticulus Beanstalk ROM and Carbon ROM.

To pair and activating Gear 2 using Galaxy Player 5.0 I followed instruction on this forum thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723862

Plus:
I managed to activate gear 2 and pair with galaxy player 5.0, using method mention on the thread link above.

Minus:
Cannot use all of feature offered by Gear 2 and Gear manager Apps.

To install apps or .wgt I use Tizen SDB tools

To push app/wgt to gear 2 use command prompt and navigate to sdb folder and type : sdb install app_name.wgt

To uninstall app/wgt it's a bit complicated, you have to know the app ID, to find app ID you have to rename .wgt to .zip and open the zip file. Inside zip file, find and open config.xml. The app id look something like this : <tizen:application id="ZYdli9xE8s" >

Then command prompt type: sdb uninstall ZYdli9xE8s. Replace ZYdli9xE8s with application ID you wish to uninstall.

Changing clock face it's same as installling apps/wgt. I download my clock face from Gear Faces and push the .wgt to my gear 2.

Hope this information will help other people to activate Galaxy Gear 2 using Glaxy Player 5.0. I will update this thread if I manage to find a way to run Gear manager on my SGP 5.0.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread