[Q] Insurance That Doesn't Give You A Refurbished Phone

OP flaring afro

27th June 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

466 posts
More
When I first got my Note 2, I'd accidentally drop it every once in a while. It often would just end up half way out of my shorts pocket while in the car and when I get out, it would fall onto the road. The screen always held up nicely without scratches though, until one time it hit a small sharp rock on the road and cracked. After that, I got a refurbished phone from Asurion and that screen got a crack on it in one light drop. I decided to deal with it rather than pay another $100, but then the charge port stopped working (within a month of getting it) so I got another one for free. This one is a Samsung refurbished which made me think it would be better quality but it still ended up cracking easily (I'm now throwing away my cargo shorts with pockets that easily do this). I'm guessing companies are just using cheap thin glass for the refurbished phones.

Now I'm looking into just using a family member's upgrade to get a G3. Looking at how damaged Note 2s are selling on ebay, this would be much cheaper than getting another refurbished Note 2 anyways. I am looking into insurance for the G3 and saw that Worth Ave Group pays for your phone to be fixed at a local shop or gives you a check for another so I could upgrade, or at least get a new phone. Anyone have recent experiences with them or know of another insurer that does this? Most of the reviews I've seen for Worth are bad, but they are people that expected the accidental insurance to cover wear issues, loss coverage when Worth clearly says they do not cover this, or they switched to a new phone, forgot to notify Worth, and expected them to cover a phone not registered with them.
Last edited by flaring afro; 27th June 2014 at 09:47 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread