Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problems with refresh/switching of wi-fi access points

OP Crwz

27th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've started noticing weird issues with wifi recently - when I move from one wifi access point to another, wifi list is not refreshed (says "Connected" to AP that is way out of reach although wifi icon in status bar is inactive), and this is not happening even when I tap "Scan" manually. To connect to other AP I have to turn wifi off, wait few seconds, then turn it on (both AP's have saved passwords, reconnect happens automatically).
What's interesting, wifi access points lookup works fine in general and I continue seeing "Wifi access point available" notifications from time to time.
Confirmed this problem on firmware v.14.3.A.0.757 (4.4.2), upgrade to 761 did not fix anything. This is not very likely a setting issue, tried playing with "Scanning always available", "Wi-Fi optimization" settings, etc. Not 100% sure stock firmware had this issue (14.2.А.1.114 (4.3)), although if there is some easy way to downgrade I might go with it.
Does anyone encountered the same issue? What can be done to diagnose this issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread