No registration required

[Q] Want to learn Android Development

OP AyJ

27th June 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi All,

I have 4 yrs of experience in IT (Telecom/Networks/Desktop support etc.).

After changing many domains, I have finally figured out that I want learn something in which I can put my ideas and create things according to my vision so I have decided to learn programming and decided to go for Android development.

I have researched and found that I will have to learn somethings in Java before I go to Android so I found a course from CBT nuggets for Java. (cbtnuggets . com/it-training-videos/course/java-programming-for-developers).

Could some one tell me that what topics should I choose to learn for going on a path to learn Android development?

The reason why I asked this question is because I read somewhere that I don't have to learn complete Java (it was like "Don't bother learning things like servlets, Swing etc") but core language so I am not sure what topics should I pick and what I should drop. I literally cannot read books to learn anything so chose to learn in thru video tutorials.

Please help me.

Thanks
AyJ
28th June 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 418

2,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would start with figuring out the recent changes (Android L hype!), and how to work with the core UI at dev.android.com.

After that, more advanced tutorials can be found all over the web, including XDA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread