Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MX Player Pro seems laggy

OP Megalith

28th June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
I have the 8.4" and have noticed that some of my videos (.mov 1080p movie trailers) seem to be a tad bit laggy, especially when they first start. Has anyone noticed the same? I have downloaded a custom codec but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also tried both hardware and software playback.
28th June 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 30

177 posts
yes, same here, I bought MX player Pro in hope that it will dissapear but unfortunately there is very very noticeable lag. Stock video player plays same video with no problems...
28th June 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 113

832 posts
I've had no problems with it on my end. Crosses fingers ✌
28th June 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 115

310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith

I have the 8.4" and have noticed that some of my videos (.mov 1080p movie trailers) seem to be a tad bit laggy, especially when they first start. Has anyone noticed the same? I have downloaded a custom codec but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also tried both hardware and software playback.

Not sure what is up with your mx player, but check out Dice Player and also check THIS link on how to add the DTS capabilities.

I used to be a mx player user, even bought pro, but since using dice, I haven't looked back once. It does all mx does, plus you can pop the player out and multitask with ease, I even use it on my note 3!
28th June 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
I'll check it out.

My videos seem to be smoother now when using software decoding for the video and hardware for the audio, but I know there is still something weird going on because the menus lag so much when you're scrolling up and down.
29th June 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 113

832 posts
Yeah. That's weird. Mines still working flawlessly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread