Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 49,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G3 with 805 in the works already?

Tip us?

alouden
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by l5s5d6 View Post
Hey, today was a premiere of g3 in Poland and I won a invite (it was for media only). I spoke with LG representative and asked about that. He said that it is just a rumor and the lg is not doing it as even the Qualcomm has still problems with that chip for mobile phones. So nowhere near future at all. That being said they told that it's not the last device this year. But I would guess the g flex 2 as rumored or the g pad 7.0 they showed

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka
According to PA, an LG G3 with the 805 chipset has allegedly been approved by Korean Authorities. Seems like it's for Korean models only.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Upgra...rities_id57466
Current device: T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

mjjferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Like the galaxy s5...

NNID: leugim
(migas)
Miguel Ferreira
PORTUGAL
-----------------------------------
iPad Air 16GB
iPhone 5S 16GB
LG G Pad 8.3

asialove2013
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default The LG G3 F460L already listed in Repair Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by alouden View Post
According to PA, an LG G3 with the 805 chipset has allegedly been approved by Korean Authorities. Seems like it's for Korean models only.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Upgra...rities_id57466
There is a LG G3 repair manual, and there is a part list in Excel, F460L/K/S is listed as LG G3. But it is for Korea Only!

l5s5d6
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Lg Poland today confirmed that version for me but "probably only for Korea". I ordered mine g3 32gb already

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The-Nazgul
Old
Thanks Meter 13
This is bad news. I was hoping they would create a g3 with a snapdragon 805 with 3300mah battery.

JasonJoel
Old
Thanks Meter 160
I think these people should be saying only Korea FOR NOW.

It is very likely they they will be released worldwide in a few months. As soon as one of the manufacturers does it (likely Samsung) the rest will have to in order to compete.

So it is really a matter of do you want the 801 based one now, or the 805 based one this fall?

Epix4G
Old
Thanks Meter 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel View Post
I think these people should be saying only Korea FOR NOW.

It is very likely they they will be released worldwide in a few months. As soon as one of the manufacturers does it (likely Samsung) the rest will have to in order to compete.

So it is really a matter of do you want the 801 based one now, or the 805 based one this fall?
They never released the s4 with snapdragon 800 but in Korea and this will be the same .... The first world wide phone with 805 will be the note 4 unless they only use the exynos for all of them.... But it's said 805 for us versions and exynos for international again

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

dadsterflip
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
They never released the s4 with snapdragon 800 but in Korea and this will be the same .... The first world wide phone with 805 will be the note 4 unless they only use the exynos for all of them.... But it's said 805 for us versions and exynos for international again

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
this...

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

JasonJoel
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Well we'll see I guess.

LG, et al, will have to do SOMETHING if samsung releases a 'galaxy f' phone in addition to the note 4 in September...

flaring afro
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel View Post
Well we'll see I guess.

LG, et al, will have to do SOMETHING if samsung releases a 'galaxy f' phone in addition to the note 4 in September...
I'm not sure if it will matter. The G3 already will compete well. It has a QHD screen, a quadcore processor, a great camera with a laser focus, microsd slot, and wireless charging (at least most models, no new phones will where it doesn't). Most people don't look at the details like what model processor etc. The only things it's missing to common folk are front stereo speakers and a metal casing (imo a disadvantage).