[APP][SHARE]Screen Off Lock (Double Tap)

6th May 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

1,298 posts
y'know how we have Double Tap to Wake but not exactly to Sleep so here's a little workaround.

I personally set my launcher's Double Tap gesture to launch the Lock Screen app and it's been working around nicely.

other options would be widget/desktop shortcut/notification bar.

here it is, do check it out if you're as conscious about your buttons as mine hah.
Last edited by Adevem; 6th May 2014 at 06:24 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adevem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 836

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adevem

y'know how we have Double Tap to Wake but not exactly to Sleep so here's a little workaround.

I personally set my launcher's Double Tap gesture to launch the Lock Screen app and it's been working around nicely.

other options would be widget/desktop shortcut/notification bar.

here it is, do check it out if you're as conscious about your buttons as mine hah.

Hi of do the exact same as I'm using nova and use gesture to set it to double tap so it sleeps it's a good app to use

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Stephen
Thanks Meter: 22

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20

Hi of do the exact same as I'm using nova and use gesture to set it to double tap so it sleeps it's a good app to use

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I use Nova too. When I go into gestures and click under double tab... What action or app do I set it to to shut off the screen, I don't see a specific option to shut off the screen.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I found another great option on another forum. Install a free app from the play store called "Screen Off and Lock" and then set Nova Luncher "double tap" action to open this app which will shut your screen off and lock it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.
13th May 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

1,298 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheney1990

I use Nova too. When I go into gestures and click under double tab... What action or app do I set it to to shut off the screen, I don't see a specific option to shut off the screen.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I found another great option on another forum. Install a free app from the play store called "Screen Off and Lock" and then set Nova Luncher "double tap" action to open this app which will shut your screen off and lock it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

yup you answered your own question haha. I use the same setup too, nova double tap.

alternatively you can set search to lock, since it's a more universal button (drag home upwards to the search icon)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Adevem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #5  
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 26

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Now that there's an easy way to root for LB I started using gravity box with double tap to sleep on the notification bar. It's weird though, to not have to use the power button anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to lyubor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubor

Now that there's an easy way to root for LB I started using gravity box with double tap to sleep on the notification bar. It's weird though, to not have to use the power button anymore.

Physical buttons are so 2013
I use the exact same method just with Apex. Works like a charm. Although the doubletap on notification bar doesn't work, I think there is some conflict because it worked when I only had Gravity Box. When I press the notification bar it drops a couple of centimeters so I can't double tap it.
28th June 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 382

1,823 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernoxis

Physical buttons are so 2013

Yeah, between my last two phones I haven't had to use the power button to turn on/off screen. It's great!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
double, sleep, tap, wake
Previous Thread Next Thread