Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][SHARE]Screen Off Lock (Double Tap)

Tip us?

Adevem
Old
(Last edited by Adevem; 6th May 2014 at 06:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Phone [APP][SHARE]Screen Off Lock (Double Tap)

y'know how we have Double Tap to Wake but not exactly to Sleep so here's a little workaround.

I personally set my launcher's Double Tap gesture to launch the Lock Screen app and it's been working around nicely.

other options would be widget/desktop shortcut/notification bar.

here it is, do check it out if you're as conscious about your buttons as mine hah.

Sony Xperia Z2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adevem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

festa20
Old
Thanks Meter 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adevem View Post
y'know how we have Double Tap to Wake but not exactly to Sleep so here's a little workaround.

I personally set my launcher's Double Tap gesture to launch the Lock Screen app and it's been working around nicely.

other options would be widget/desktop shortcut/notification bar.

here it is, do check it out if you're as conscious about your buttons as mine hah.
Hi of do the exact same as I'm using nova and use gesture to set it to double tap so it sleeps it's a good app to use

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Want to Get Notified for Incoming SMS And Call with Camera FlashLight try this FlashBlink
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acheney1990
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20 View Post
Hi of do the exact same as I'm using nova and use gesture to set it to double tap so it sleeps it's a good app to use

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I use Nova too. When I go into gestures and click under double tab... What action or app do I set it to to shut off the screen, I don't see a specific option to shut off the screen.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I found another great option on another forum. Install a free app from the play store called "Screen Off and Lock" and then set Nova Luncher "double tap" action to open this app which will shut your screen off and lock it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

Adevem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheney1990 View Post
I use Nova too. When I go into gestures and click under double tab... What action or app do I set it to to shut off the screen, I don't see a specific option to shut off the screen.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I found another great option on another forum. Install a free app from the play store called "Screen Off and Lock" and then set Nova Luncher "double tap" action to open this app which will shut your screen off and lock it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.
yup you answered your own question haha. I use the same setup too, nova double tap.

alternatively you can set search to lock, since it's a more universal button (drag home upwards to the search icon)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sony Xperia Z2

The Following User Says Thank You to Adevem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lyubor
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Now that there's an easy way to root for LB I started using gravity box with double tap to sleep on the notification bar. It's weird though, to not have to use the power button anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to lyubor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xernoxis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubor View Post
Now that there's an easy way to root for LB I started using gravity box with double tap to sleep on the notification bar. It's weird though, to not have to use the power button anymore.
Physical buttons are so 2013
I use the exact same method just with Apex. Works like a charm. Although the doubletap on notification bar doesn't work, I think there is some conflict because it worked when I only had Gravity Box. When I press the notification bar it drops a couple of centimeters so I can't double tap it.
Device: Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Firmware: 17.1.A.2.402
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Bootloader: Locked (unlockable)
Root status: Yes

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernoxis View Post
Physical buttons are so 2013
Yeah, between my last two phones I haven't had to use the power button to turn on/off screen. It's great!
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

Tags
double, sleep, tap, wake