Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD card problem

Tip us?

qwerty1q
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default SD card problem

Anyone having problems with sd card on LG G3?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1q View Post
Anyone having problems with sd card on LG G3?
What do you mean, trouble reading or writing to the sdcard? Try formatting the card on the phone itself, that usualy works.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1361

DONATE TO ME
What are you trying to do with the card? it might be that you just are not aware with how Android Kitkat treats the sd card slot?
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

qwerty1q
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
What are you trying to do with the card? it might be that you just are not aware with how Android Kitkat treats the sd card slot?
Probably......only File Manager can write or delete files on my sd card, Xplore or a different Manager can't, is it normal in KitKat?

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Probably......only File Manager can write or delete files on my sd card, Xplore or a different Manager can't, is it normal in KitKat?
Apps can only write and edit files that they themselves created on the SD card which is why third party apps are not working. It is to stop rouge apps deleting / creating / modifying files that they shouldn't be.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
With files you mean system files or files created by you? You should be able to delete or move files with an alternative file explorer or you might try gaining root (towel root is easiest) to gain admin rights.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Protagoras
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
If you root your phone, you can remove the limitations that were added in KitKat.

htc6500uk
Old
(Last edited by htc6500uk; 28th June 2014 at 02:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 114
Many 'newbie experts' who say that an 8 or 16GB phone is fine as you can move apps etc. to an SD card are finding out the hard way that KitKat restrictions prevent using the card the same way as it used to be in older Android versions unless the device is rooted.

Sent from my SM-9500N using Tapatalk Pro.

If you find my post useful, a click on the 'thanks' is appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to htc6500uk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]