Ask a question

No registration required

No Data Samsung Xcover 2 GT-S7710L -- Latin Version

OP alforddm

23rd June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
This all started when I ran out of data on my device and decided to root it so that I could use the SD card. I had previously rooted a droid 2 and a galaxy nexus so I wasn't a complete noob but I'm not in any way a programmer and I had never used Odin. So not wanting to mess with things without having a back up I followed some tutorials and downloaded the android sdk and used adb to back up. I thought I was doing a full system backup but whether I made a mistake or this simply doesn't back up everything I don't know. The file size should have been a clue but I missed it. I did get my apps

I then proceeded to follow the tutorials on this site for rooting the device. They are all for the GT-S7710 but I was hoping the letter (L) was a program only type thing and wouldn't make a difference. I used this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=45 and downloaded the DEODEXED Version. I then rebooted the phone and everything appeared to be working fine and I was rooted. I could have sworn I had data. I then realized that I didn't have CWM as a recovery so I downloaded and installed CWM recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43294839 It was after rebooting (and maybe a reset I can't remember at this point) that I noticed I had no data.

So I flashed a few other ROMs including VANIR (and the recovery he suggests) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689519 I and CM 11 plus a stock rom (S7710LUBAMC1_S7710LUUBAMC1_CHO Samsung kies tells me CHO is the region for my device) but didn't have mobile data in any of them.

Still hoping to get mobile data working again I flashed a stock Recovery and A stock Boot.img from here...(Well I can't seem to find the thread now). It was a link to the stock boot.img and stock recovery.img (GT-S7710) from someone wanting a CWM recovery built. I then reflashed the stock ROM from above still no mobile data. My flash count in download mode is up to 26 lol and nothing I have tried restores the mobile data although as long as the phone boots, I do have wifi.

Is there ANYthing else I can try? I would really like to have my mobile data back even if it means I don't get to root.
28th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
No data connection
It turned out my no data was caused by not having any APN settings after flashing the custom ROM. I copied the settings from hubbies phone and now data works fine. I can't believe I spent so much time working on this and trying different things when it was something so simple.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread