Note 4 CM12 Nightlies, Microsoft Investing in Cyanogen – XDA TV

CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note … more

Stylish Black Azure Theme for CM12

This black, grey and blue goodness will make your CM12 pop with cold contrast and neat transparencies. If … more

Smart Lock for Chrome Now Available for Chromebooks

Android 5.0 Lollipop introduced a useful feature titled Smart Lock, which kept your … more

Alibaba Breathes New Life Into Game-Console Maker Ouya

After asuccessful KickStarter campaign, Android console Ouya failed to become a … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Odin Won't Detect Phone

OP hithernik

25th June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hey forums,
I rooted my phone but I accidentally downloaded liquid smooth rom for my Safestrap enabled Galaxy S4 for Verizon. After that, The Samsung custom screen would boot then, it would either boot loop or go to Safestrap. When it goes past Safestrap, it just has a black screen which vibrates twice then just stays black. I tried installing other rooms but that did not work either. I then wanted to flash the stock firmware but it wouldn't work on Kies so I tried to do it on Odin. On Odin, the software won't pick up my phone. I have tried everything such as reinstalling drives, switching computers, Switching OS's, and changing USB. What can I do other than using Odin?
26th June 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #2  
Tulsadiver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
526 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithernik

Hey forums,
I rooted my phone but I accidentally downloaded liquid smooth rom for my Safestrap enabled Galaxy S4 for Verizon. After that, The Samsung custom screen would boot then, it would either boot loop or go to Safestrap. When it goes past Safestrap, it just has a black screen which vibrates twice then just stays black. I tried installing other rooms but that did not work either. I then wanted to flash the stock firmware but it wouldn't work on Kies so I tried to do it on Odin. On Odin, the software won't pick up my phone. I have tried everything such as reinstalling drives, switching computers, Switching OS's, and changing USB. What can I do other than using Odin?

So you reinstalled the usb drivers. Did you try changing back and forth between media and camera? You do have enable usb debugging checked, right?

Does it ask you if you agree to let your computer connect via usb when you connect to your computer?
26th June 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #3  
masanamuthu's Avatar
Member
pollachi
Thanks Meter: 9
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Did u enable usb debugging??

Sent from my GT-S6102 using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I do not have access to my phone, I turn it on , and a black screen comes up.
26th June 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #5  
Tulsadiver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
526 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
If the phone does on even get warm when you put it on the charger I would say it's a hard brick. If that is the case jtag would be your only option. I have the equipment to do so but I have not had a reason to use it yet. I thought I was going to have to do mine but the warranty company decided to replace it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

If the phone does on even get warm when you put it on the charger I would say it's a hard brick. If that is the case jtag would be your only option. I have the equipment to do so but I have not had a reason to use it yet. I thought I was going to have to do mine but the warranty company decided to replace it.

Do you know anyone who could do this for me or any simpler way so I could do it myself?
27th June 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #7  
Tulsadiver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
526 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithernik

Do you know anyone who could do this for me or any simpler way so I could do it myself?

There is no simple way. I would be happy to try and if I am not mistaken there are people on ebay that advertise jtag service.
28th June 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #8  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,589
 
1,925 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithernik

Hey forums,
I rooted my phone but I accidentally downloaded liquid smooth rom for my Safestrap enabled Galaxy S4 for Verizon. After that, The Samsung custom screen would boot then, it would either boot loop or go to Safestrap. When it goes past Safestrap, it just has a black screen which vibrates twice then just stays black. I tried installing other rooms but that did not work either. I then wanted to flash the stock firmware but it wouldn't work on Kies so I tried to do it on Odin. On Odin, the software won't pick up my phone. I have tried everything such as reinstalling drives, switching computers, Switching OS's, and changing USB. What can I do other than using Odin?

Does it boot into downloader mode successfully?
If Odin doesn't recognize it, try a different USB cable, and failing that a different PC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes