Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Should I re-purchase the AT&T S5?

Tip us?

BlockEight88
Old
(Last edited by BlockEight88; 27th June 2014 at 12:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Should I re-purchase the AT&T S5?

Back in April when the Samsung Galaxy S5 was first released, I purchased it via AT&T un-subsidized (no contract $649). I liked it a lot, however, I had a problem with the headphone jack. Basically, it was more loose than it should be. I returned the device and paid the ridiculous $35 restocking fee. I then tried the T-Mobile S5 on AT&T, but didn't have the best luck with reception (maybe I'm just super picky). So now, towards the end of June I am once again am tempted by the S5. I had used Nova Launcher so the device was very speedy.

Any suggestions on what to do?

P.S. I have tried the M8, and while I love how well it performs, I found the build to be quite slippery. I would also be getting the S5 full price.

sturmen
Old
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockEight88 View Post
Back in April when the Samsung Galaxy S5 was first released, I purchased it via AT&T un-subsidized (no contract $649). I liked it a lot, however, I had a problem with the headphone jack. Basically, it was more loose than it should be. I returned the device and paid the ridiculous $35 restocking fee. I then tried the T-Mobile S5 on AT&T, but didn't have the best luck with reception (maybe I'm just super picky). So now, towards the end of June I am once again am tempted by the S5. I had used Nova Launcher so the device was very speedy.

P.S. I have tried the M8, and while I love how well it performs, I found the build to be quite slippery. I would also be getting the S5 full price.
My headphone jack is decent enough, no complaints. However, I'll never miss an opportunity to plug the Nexus 5. Much cheaper, and word on the street is it's about to be released in yellow!
Never be interrupted by a ringing phone again! Check out my app on Google Play.

Check out my newest mod: save all your Snapchats!

Phone: AT&T Galaxy S 5 & HTC EVO 4G LTE (backup)

chronicaust
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:

I highly recommend it. I have mine rooted and I have pretty much every feature possible, no bugs or anything (except for Private Mode not working). Its very fast, never slows down on me, and you really can't beat the battery life (6-7 hours screen on time). Samsung really did a good job with this phone, and I feel that it's their first phone since the S2 that really got everything right. I will probably keep mine for a very long time.

drock212
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:

I'd recommend the tmobile one again. If you want to do any true customizing (root unlocking bootloader which its already unlocked) you can freely. Also tmobile variant is fully compatible with AT&T. My two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BlockEight88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock212 View Post
I'd recommend the tmobile one again. If you want to do any true customizing (root unlocking bootloader which its already unlocked) you can freely. Also tmobile variant is fully compatible with AT&T. My two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
While I understand that, I am really not into rooting/flashing roms anymore. I also noticed that LTE signal strength was not great when using AT&T service on T-Mobile's S5.

cjranucci
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:

I think a lot of people will be asking the question now that root and ROMs are available.
AT&T Galaxy S5

JRCARRERAS
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicaust View Post
I highly recommend it. I have mine rooted and I have pretty much every feature possible, no bugs or anything (except for Private Mode not working). Its very fast, never slows down on me, and you really can't beat the battery life (6-7 hours screen on time). Samsung really did a good job with this phone, and I feel that it's their first phone since the S2 that really got everything right. I will probably keep mine for a very long time.
I have a Galaxy S5 and a Note 3. Both are set up the same (Launcher, apps , root, etc). I have notice that the Note 3 is faster (loading apps, going to settings menu) than the S5. In Antutu the S5 has hire score but in 3DMark the Note 3 has higher score. Do you think this is normal or is there something wrong with my S5.?

diablo009
Old
Thanks Meter 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCARRERAS View Post
I have a Galaxy S5 and a Note 3. Both are set up the same (Launcher, apps , root, etc). I have notice that the Note 3 is faster (loading apps, going to settings menu) than the S5. In Antutu the S5 has hire score but in 3DMark the Note 3 has higher score. Do you think this is normal or is there something wrong with my S5.?
Note 3 has higher specs like 3 GB RAM, to name one. So I think it is normal.

T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]