T-Mobile 801-Best method for recovery?

28th June 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

455 posts
More
Hi all,

I'd just like to start off by saying I'm not incompetent, and I know how to search lol.

HOWEVER, I am not sure which method is best for obtaining recovery/upgrading my phone to KK. (Yes I looked at the thread up top).

As far as I can discern there are three different methods suggested, and nobody has defined one as the best way to go. I currently have a rooted stock 4.2.2 install, and am wondering from there, what is the best way to end up with a rooted/custom recovery/4.4 install?

From all the things I've read I'm tempted to unroot, take the 4.4 update, root with towelroot, flash recovery with Autorec and then have at it? Will this work without creating any bugs? I keep reading I need to be rooted on 4.2 before I begin any process.

Sorry if I seem like a noob, I know methods are constantly updating and things go out of fashion or are preferred for different reasons but I really can't figure out what is the best way to do it and keep everything in tact.

Thanks in advance!
28th June 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

455 posts
More
After reading some more I'm going to wait til I go home, OTA it to 4.4, TowelRoot, then Autorec. If that is dumb someone just say so before I get home lol.
28th June 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
New York
Thanks Meter: 836

2,070 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr

After reading some more I'm going to wait til I go home, OTA it to 4.4, TowelRoot, then Autorec. If that is dumb someone just say so before I get home lol.

I see no reason for it to be dumb. I did it on my d800 and it took like 30 secs.

Sent from my LG-D800
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread