Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How annoying is the port covers?

Tip us?
 
Sensamic
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 660
Join Date: Jul 2010
Just saw a YouTube video of a guy who's S5 USB cover broke after only two months.

User is called adrianisen.
 
diablo009
Old
#12  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1340
Posts: 5,527
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
Just saw a YouTube video of a guy who's S5 USB cover broke after only two months.

User is called adrianisen.
Depends a lot on the person's usage pattern too. Assuming same build quality on all phones, a person with delicate handling will take his longer than the one with rough handling. I've seen people yank the charging cables off the phones and crying when it breaks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
 
kuromusha38
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 294
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
Depends a lot on the person's usage pattern too. Assuming same build quality on all phones, a person with delicate handling will take his longer than the one with rough handling. I've seen people yank the charging cables off the phones and crying when it breaks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
that's would be ****ing annoying as hell. Samsung bought an unnecessary step when charging. I charge my phone multiple times a day because I have a habit of charging when I'm at the desk because charging prevents the screen from going off and I prefer to have the phone screen on all the time because I use it as a calendar, reminder and a timer when I'm working.

That's why S5 sucks balls.

I'm waiting for the Note 4, hopefully it will not have any covers.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Android version: 4.4.2
Rom: Omega V27
Bootloader: ND3
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2
 
diablo009
Old
#14  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1340
Posts: 5,527
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38 View Post
that's would be ****ing annoying as hell. Samsung bought an unnecessary step when charging. I charge my phone multiple times a day because I have a habit of charging when I'm at the desk because charging prevents the screen from going off and I prefer to have the phone screen on all the time because I use it as a calendar, reminder and a timer when I'm working.

That's why S5 sucks balls.

I'm waiting for the Note 4, hopefully it will not have any covers.
The cover is for water sealing. You could simply take it off if you don't want it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more

Automate Your Device with Sfen

Changing the profile of yourdevice manually is now long forgotten. Since the advent of Android automation … more

Galaxy Photo Screen Lock Displays a Photo Slideshow on Your Lock Screen

Being the most often looked at part of our devices UI, the lock … more