Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 power saver mode port?

Tip us?

AndroidGreg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default S5 power saver mode port?

Has anyone managed to port the S5 super power saver mode to the note 3? I know a few of the features like black and white display are software but im not sure about the hardware side for the disabling 2 cores of the processor? If this came out I would love it as most of the day I dont even need anything but black and white for texting and chat.
Rocking out on: VZ Note 3 Rooted, Safe Strap, NC2
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) Unlocked, collecting dust
Apple: iPod touch 5th gen iOS 7.1, gave up on that thing, not worth my time when i have a note
Computer: Late 2013 MBPr, 2.6 ghz i7, Nvidia GTX 750m 1TB SSD, 16GB Ram With dual boot for windows 8.1 pro

johnnybravo19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGreg View Post
Has anyone managed to port the S5 super power saver mode to the note 3? I know a few of the features like black and white display are software but im not sure about the hardware side for the disabling 2 cores of the processor? If this came out I would love it as most of the day I dont even need anything but black and white for texting and chat.
Keep an eye on this thread [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2760380&page=207[url]
hsbadr has the new version 2.0 coming soon and it is a complete port of the S5 for the Note 3.
Has the ultra power saving mod and all. Maybe if you PM him you can find out if there is a work around without having to install the JasmineRom if you are trying to stay more stock. His roms are great so you should think about flashing one.