Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to root htc one s and install latest andriod version

Tip us?
 
Sunny_Agrawal
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Question [Q] How to root htc one s and install latest andriod version

Hi

I want to root my htc one S (S4) and install the latest andriod version i.e kitkat
I am doing it for the first time so please help me with the step by step rooting and installation process
 
xcelent noobs
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_Agrawal View Post
Hi

I want to root my htc one S (S4) and install the latest andriod version i.e kitkat
I am doing it for the first time so please help me with the step by step rooting and installation process
Me too need the same so someone able to help us out ?
 
Dr.selimii
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2013
Smile HTC One S 4.2.2 sense 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelent noobs View Post
Me too need the same so someone able to help us out ?
Hi guys i think this will help you maybe

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2445392
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.selimii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dd98
Old
(Last edited by dd98; 25th June 2014 at 11:52 PM.)
#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 922
Posts: 912
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_Agrawal View Post
Hi

I want to root my htc one S (S4) and install the latest andriod version i.e kitkat
I am doing it for the first time so please help me with the step by step rooting and installation process
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelent noobs View Post
Me too need the same so someone able to help us out ?
If you want to install plain KitKat, i.e. A Nexus-like experience. You can download CyanogenMod from here. It has very minor bugs and is perfect for daily usage

If you want to install KitKat with Sense 6 i.e. a HTC One M8-like experience. You can find it here although it has a good few minor bugs but it is still usable as your main ROM. You need HBOOT 2.16 installed though. To find out how to install HBOOT 2.16 go to this page
The Following User Says Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xcelent noobs
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd98 View Post
If you want to install plain KitKat, i.e. A Nexus-like experience. You can download CyanogenMod from here. It has very minor bugs and is perfect for daily usage

If you want to install KitKat with Sense 6 i.e. a HTC One M8-like experience. You can find it here although it has a good few minor bugs but it is still usable as your main ROM. You need HBOOT 2.16 installed though. To find out how to install HBOOT 2.16 go to this page
Hi dd98 thanks for the links and can u or anyone confirm if i use the CyanogenMod ROM will the device still have the "passthrough Internet option" (to share PC internet in the phone) ?
 
dd98
Old
#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 922
Posts: 912
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelent noobs View Post
Hi dd98 thanks for the links and can u or anyone confirm if i use the CyanogenMod ROM will the device still have the "passthrough Internet option" (to share PC internet in the phone) ?
It doesn't actually support it but try Reverse Tethering its the same thing
 
xcelent noobs
Old
(Last edited by xcelent noobs; 28th June 2014 at 08:58 AM.) Reason: Addition
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd98 View Post
It doesn't actually support it but try Reverse Tethering its the same thing
Thx bro
Fingers crossed going to flash HTC sense 6 kitkat to my one s

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more