[GUIDE, Falcon] How to install Windows CE 5.0 on Motorola Moto G
Hi Guys, i'm a new user here (i'm italian so sorry for my bad english) and i want to share you how to install Windows CE 5.0 on Motorola Moto G.
Windows CE 5.0 was first released on July 09, 2004. Like its predecessors, Windows CE 5.0 is marketed towards the embedded device market and independent device vendors. Windows CE 5.0 is billed as a low-cost, compact, fast-to-market, real-time operating system available for x86, ARM, MIPS, and SuperH microprocessor-based systems. Windows CE 5.0 builds on previous Windows CE releases in its adoption of shared source. Since 2001, Microsoft has been steadily expanding the available Windows CE source tree with embedded system developers. Windows CE 5.0 is the most open Microsoft Operating System to date, though not all of the system is available under shared source agreements. Developers have the freedom to modify down to the kernel level, without the need to share their changes with Microsoft or competitors.
Windows CE 5.x is the base OS for Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5. On the x86 platform, Windows CE 5.0 competes against Microsoft's other embedded Operating Systems, Windows XP Embedded and its predecessor Windows NT Embedded.
This guide can take 5/6
- Motorola Moto G (obviously)
- At least 30/50 mb of free space
- Bochs 2.5.1.apk [LINK
- SDL ZIP [LINK
- Windows CE Image 800x600 [LINK
Guide with GIFs (if needed):
If the phone overheats, explodes, kills your kitten, turn on your TV and blah blah blah is not my responsibility. Is just your fault.
1. Download SDL.zip
2. Download Bochs 2.5.1.apk
3. Download Windows CE Image
4. Extract SDL.zip to a folder that you can open like that screen:
5. Connect the Moto G at your PC and go to the root of your Internal Storage (the moto g cannot have sdcard
6. Copy SDL Folder from the folder of Step 4 to the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
7. Copy Bochs 2.5.1.apk from Downloads to the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
8. Copy Windows CE Image from Downloads to the SDL Folder at the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
9. Install Bochs 2.5.1.apk from a File Manager like ES File Manager
10. Open Bochs and Wait!
You can use Volume Buttons for left click and right click and Back Button = Backspace, Holding Menu Button = Keyboard