Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-MOBILE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 BAD IMEI

Tip us?

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
Yep that the risk you take,I can do every thing on my S3 but make calls,now thanks to Tablet Talk I can see my texts and send them,I have it tethered to my ALE2 and all works fine,just need someone to make a app that can send calls from one phone to another via wifi or bluetooth,hopefully in my life time..

Good luck to you too..
As long as the other person has the same app on their cell phone you could use apps like hangout, tango etc which due allow calls and text over wifi. There might be ways you can use your phone thru wifi and set it up to be able to use as a land line too, think it's pretty cheap to do too..

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

metropcsflash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up IMEI Repaired

So I bought this Tmo Note 3 on Ebay I checked the IMEI on checkesnfree.com and the IMEI was not blacklisted. So I go to activate the phone on Metro PCS and even though the IMEI showed clean the phone will not activate. Then I checked the IMEI through the settings menu and saw that the original IMEI (good) was changed but the new IMEI was blacklisted seems kind of backwards. This told me that the IMEI can be repaired so I went looking for a way to fix it. I spent about 20 hours looking for a solution and came up empty. I called all of the people on Craigslist that buy blacklisted phones and or repair phones and everyone told me the same thing that the IMEI could not be changed on that phone. But I had proof in my hands that it could be done. So finally I came across someone that was about 45 minutes away and he said he could do the job for $35. So I took the drive and he did the repair and my Note 3 now works. Bottom line is that the only way I have found to do this is with a JTAG and it has to be a newer one to do this phone.

Techngro
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropcsflash View Post
So I bought this Tmo Note 3 on Ebay I checked the IMEI on checkesnfree.com and the IMEI was not blacklisted. So I go to activate the phone on Metro PCS and even though the IMEI showed clean the phone will not activate. Then I checked the IMEI through the settings menu and saw that the original IMEI (good) was changed but the new IMEI was blacklisted seems kind of backwards. This told me that the IMEI can be repaired so I went looking for a way to fix it. I spent about 20 hours looking for a solution and came up empty. I called all of the people on Craigslist that buy blacklisted phones and or repair phones and everyone told me the same thing that the IMEI could not be changed on that phone. But I had proof in my hands that it could be done. So finally I came across someone that was about 45 minutes away and he said he could do the job for $35. So I took the drive and he did the repair and my Note 3 now works. Bottom line is that the only way I have found to do this is with a JTAG and it has to be a newer one to do this phone.
FYI, I think it's not allowed to discuss changing/repairing IMEI on this forum. There are other forums to discuss those things. (I am not trying to be a moderator, just passing the info along for future reference.)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note

ameliasweet2020
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk626 View Post
Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
i have this same problem with my note 2 i was wondering if yu would be able to help me?

ohcie_evo
Old
Thanks Meter 3

brendonv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help, samsung tmobile note 3 blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk626 View Post
Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Need help to my tmobile note 3, it has been bloocked

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonv View Post
Contact the seller and get your money back.
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

RaymondPJR
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliasweet2020 View Post
i have this same problem with my note 2 i was wondering if yu would be able to help me?
OMG, don't you know what PM means??? Private Message! How is your post keeping a touchy subject private and under wraps??

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonv View Post
You too, the same as Amelia!!!

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Now for my own post. I bought a phone off of Swappa about two months ago. Yesterday I started losing cell and data signal intermittently like crazy. I upgraded the firmware last night thinking the 4.4.2 bugs had caught up with me. Everything looked fine at first then it went out again! IMEI still comes back as not blocked. But T-Mob diagnostics says, "phone is registered and locked. Emergency calls only" Since that time, about three hours ago, I can't get the cell and data to come back at all! Not one time since even though it was working right there at the T-Mob counter! Just made a call over WiFi, so at the very least I still have that, but something here isn't right!

When the spell is over... we will rediscover... there is no other... we are one, we are one, we are one... --Ajamu Mutima

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock UVALH2 + Root
Modem: UVLI4
UI: Apex Launcher
Storage: 32GB Class 6
"I know you want to touch it and feel the awesomeness in your hand, but don't." (Taken out of context)-XDA Member Dammit2Hell on proper procedure after flashing Nero V4

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
Are they upgrading your towers or having bad storms in your area?

sent from my HTC M8 using hofo app

RaymondPJR
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Are they upgrading your towers or having bad storms in your area?

sent from my HTC M8 using hofo app
The sales rep said there were no problems. Since that time I've had the chance to put the SIM card in my GS 3 and that works fine. I've been busy restoring root and backing up the phone. My next step is to do a factory restore. After that, I'm out of ideas!

When the spell is over... we will rediscover... there is no other... we are one, we are one, we are one... --Ajamu Mutima

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock UVALH2 + Root
Modem: UVLI4
UI: Apex Launcher
Storage: 32GB Class 6
"I know you want to touch it and feel the awesomeness in your hand, but don't." (Taken out of context)-XDA Member Dammit2Hell on proper procedure after flashing Nero V4