OP jakereeves31

15th June 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #11  
Flag Wilmington, DE
Thanks Meter: 9

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corshanpay

I've found it easier to McGyver my own custom high quality band to cure the cringe I get from the band that came with the device.

http://pic.twitter.com/IhefrWXwHu

looks great.

there is a lot of good info at the official pebble forums regarding bands and quality and such. there are a handful of kickstarters making accessories and even watch band adapters allowing for standard sized bands to be used. if I wear out the standard metal band I will probably buy an adapter and find a standard band to replace it. Joe Pesci knows I have enough unused watches to 'steel' a band from.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2
20th June 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I would have to say its totally worth it. I wear it all the time.
28th June 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

107 posts
More
Yes it is!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
More
It is definitely worth it.
My dad and I own a jewelry company so I buy all my watches wholesale. I had 42 at last count and I'm starting to think I should see a counselor. I go to the closet to decide what I want to wear and I can make the choice of anything from a cheap Fossil to a Citizen Eco-Drive to a Rolex Deep Sea. I pick my Pebble Steel for regular wear 99% of the time.

That's not to say that the Steel has the same "quality" as the Rolex by any means but for every day wear and use the Steel is actually quite a bit better. It's right there with every watch in it's price segment and matches up quite well even with watches in the $600-700 range.

The only glaring thing I don't like is the band but it's no worse than anything else typical for its price point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belkiolle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread