Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the Pebble Steel worth it?

Tip us?

somnambulator
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by corshanpay View Post
I've found it easier to McGyver my own custom high quality band to cure the cringe I get from the band that came with the device.

http://pic.twitter.com/IhefrWXwHu
looks great.

there is a lot of good info at the official pebble forums regarding bands and quality and such. there are a handful of kickstarters making accessories and even watch band adapters allowing for standard sized bands to be used. if I wear out the standard metal band I will probably buy an adapter and find a standard band to replace it. Joe Pesci knows I have enough unused watches to 'steel' a band from.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2

jamesneork
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would have to say its totally worth it. I wear it all the time.

marikbrest
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes it is!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Belkiolle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default It is definitely worth it.

My dad and I own a jewelry company so I buy all my watches wholesale. I had 42 at last count and I'm starting to think I should see a counselor. I go to the closet to decide what I want to wear and I can make the choice of anything from a cheap Fossil to a Citizen Eco-Drive to a Rolex Deep Sea. I pick my Pebble Steel for regular wear 99% of the time.

That's not to say that the Steel has the same "quality" as the Rolex by any means but for every day wear and use the Steel is actually quite a bit better. It's right there with every watch in it's price segment and matches up quite well even with watches in the $600-700 range.

The only glaring thing I don't like is the band but it's no worse than anything else typical for its price point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belkiolle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]