Here are some of the things I tried in order
- rebooted device
- cleared cache of applications with issues
- booted into recovery cleared my whole cache partition
- uninstalled apps but even Play Store wont work over wifi so I had to load it up in Firefox then reinstalled
- forgot wifi network and re connected
- restarted modem
- tried with the internet at my sisters house when I was over a few days ago and still did not work. She has a note 3 and everything worked properly for her
So at this point I was willing to try anything. I rebooted my device without my SD card just for the sake of desperate troubleshooting. When I booted into it all my active logins were gone. I tried logging into my twitter and it returned an error but not an error like before just saying my network connection wasn't working properly it said something along the line of "Unknown Hosts file"
Now I am fairly familiar with the GNU/Linux system (running Arch Linux for over a year) but I cannot think of a reason why my hosts file could have been modified on my device. Even if it was modified why it would bring issues like this? Shouldn't default to my Routers DNS server then?