Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Wifi is connected but no traffic, WTF?

OP ssnapier

27th June 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hagerstown, MD
Thanks Meter: 3

81 posts
More
I thought at first my router was having issues, but that is not the case. I have confirmed zero router issues by using 3 laptops and 2 other phones (Samsung units) to connect to anything I want.

If I connect using my M8 (Verizon), it connects with no issue but I have no real internet connection. The signal strength is -40 so that is not the issue.

I have tried multiple restarts, multiple networks, and multiple SSID's. I even tried forcing it to 2.4 or 5 Ghz and nothing at all seems to work.

Is this a known issue? I am coming from a long line of Samsung stuff so I am not up to speed on the quirks with HTC stuff. Your assistance is appreciated!
Last edited by ssnapier; 27th June 2014 at 02:55 AM.
27th June 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 33

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnapier

I thought at first my router was having issues, but that is not the case. I have confirmed zero router issues by using 3 laptops and 2 other phones (Samsung units) to connect to anything I want.

If I connect using my M8 (Verizon), it connects with no issue but I have no real internet connection. The signal strength is -40 so that is not the issue.

I have tried multiple restarts, multiple networks, and multiple SSID's. I even tried forcing it to 2.4 or 5 Ghz and nothing at all seems to work.

Is this a known issue? I am coming from a long line of Samsung stuff so I am not up to speed on the quirks with HTC stuff. Your assistance is appreciated!

Stock, custom ROM, etc?
27th June 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Hagerstown, MD

81 posts
More
This is a stock ROM with weaksauce root and nothing else.
27th June 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Hagerstown, MD

81 posts
More
Ok, so I just connected to the wifi at my office and it appears to be working just fine, but it took about 15 minutes form my phone to recognize that the network even existed.
28th June 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Hagerstown, MD

81 posts
More
I am pretty sure this phone is just a piece of crap. About 2 hours after my last post it started doing the same thing (at work). I just got home and did a 100% fresh reset of both my router and my phone to eliminate any possible configuration issues and it shows that it is connected on the phone, but the router is not seeing that it is connected... how the hell does that work?
28th June 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 70

476 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnapier

I am pretty sure this phone is just a piece of crap. About 2 hours after my last post it started doing the same thing (at work). I just got home and did a 100% fresh reset of both my router and my phone to eliminate any possible configuration issues and it shows that it is connected on the phone, but the router is not seeing that it is connected... how the hell does that work?

Since you've determined its a piece of crap, sell it and get yourself a iPhone. Why bother trying to get it to work.
28th June 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 40

292 posts
When you connect to your router what details does it give in the phone WiFi settings for that connection?
Also which router do you use?
Last edited by ashyx; 28th June 2014 at 08:40 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread