[Q] Root for sm-t217s running the new 4.4.2 kitkat update?

OP WhiteRage

23rd June 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello my names Aaron, I rooted my galaxy tab 3 (sm-t217s) a little bit ago then unrooted just because my wifi wasnt turning on.. I had to do a stock restore through odin to get it all working again. When I did that I got the new kitkat update and gladly updated it. Now again though I want to root it so I can again do all the great things you can do with rooting!
So my questions are:
Can I root it running 4.4.2 the same way I did when I was running 4.2.2? Will it brick it if I just put on a custom recovery the same way as before and let that install superSU?

I would just like to know and if not then is there another way currently to root it?
I couldnt find anything about it that is why I am posting about it.. must not be a very common tablet?
Anyways thanks for your time and help!
23rd June 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Flushing
Thanks Meter: 20

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRage

Hello my names Aaron, I rooted my galaxy tab 3 (sm-t217s) a little bit ago then unrooted just because my wifi wasnt turning on.. I had to do a stock restore through odin to get it all working again. When I did that I got the new kitkat update and gladly updated it. Now again though I want to root it so I can again do all the great things you can do with rooting!
So my questions are:
Can I root it running 4.4.2 the same way I did when I was running 4.2.2? Will it brick it if I just put on a custom recovery the same way as before and let that install superSU?

I would just like to know and if not then is there another way currently to root it?
I couldnt find anything about it that is why I am posting about it.. must not be a very common tablet?
Anyways thanks for your time and help!

Either use towelroot to root from within android or you can still flash twrp from Odin and root that way. Twrp may set warranty bit, mine was was already tripped so I can't say dor sure if it does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag owosso
Thanks Meter: 142

712 posts
More
I used towel root on4.4.2 update worked great, and yes twrp does set set warrenty bit

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
28th June 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

89 posts
I used towelroot on my tablet, it does what it has to do. Does not reboot, but when I use Root Checker it says that I do not have root.....any suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread