ERROR: (Status 7)

24th June 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a problem, i install [ROM][UB][4.4.2][T/TX] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source} since recovery (T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7)
and when it is installing, put ERROR: (Status 7)
24th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 720

1,043 posts
Donate to Me
Download zip again, might be broken.

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.
24th June 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
done
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo

Download zip again, might be broken.

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.

i have it done! and it follows like before.
Last edited by Takezo8; 24th June 2014 at 08:40 PM.
24th June 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 545

818 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takezo8

I have a problem, i install [ROM][UB][4.4.2][T/TX] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source} since recovery (T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7)
and when it is installing, put ERROR: (Status 7)

This is most likely due to you trying to install the build that isn't for your device. What phone do you have?

Some developers like to add a command at the beginning of the "updater-script" file that checks if your phone matches the file you're trying to install, and generally it outputs a messages. In some cases it doesn't, as is the case with several of the custom ROMs I've found here.

In my case, before flashing anything I always delete the entire first line with the "assert(getprop)..." statement, because sometimes the conditions specified in that command don't match what is specified in the ROM I'm on in the build.prop, especially when coming from Stock ROM, I think. I've done this with every ROM I've flashed, including the Carbon ROM, and deleting this line lets the installation continue.

On the other hand, this is a safeguard to prevent people from installing a ROM that is not for their phone, since there tend to be people who flash ROMs without having a clue of what they are doing or what the risks might be if something were to go wrong. So I'd make sure you have the right build for your phone, if it is, use 7zip to extract the updater-script file, delete that line, add it back with 7zip, reflash ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #5  
Flag hamedan

8 posts
More
I had the same problem. It has one solution change your recovery try with clockworkmod or philz touch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread