Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android 4.4.4 for Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra. Will come to us?

Tip us?

RyomaEchizen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Info 2 [Q] Android 4.4.4 for Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra. Will come to us?

Android 4.4.4 firmware (14.4.A.0.108) rolling for Xperia Z1 Compact; certified for Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra

Somewhat surprisingly, Sony Mobile has started to roll the Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update for the Xperia Z1 Compact. This comes to the handset in the form of build number 14.4.A.0.108.

The update is currently rolling to users in Russia, Italy and Indonesia. We don’t have a changelog right now, so if you’ve downloaded the update let us know your thoughts below.

This same build version (14.4.A.0.108) was also certified by the PTCRB website for the Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra. It doesn’t appear that the update is rolling to these handsets though.

Source:
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/06/27...1-and-z-ultra/

will come to us?

anagramgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 79
i don't think so. if it comes, it would be a miracle. we already got 4.2.2, 4.3 and now 4.4.2(eww! very buggy).
Xperia ZL

BlackFriar
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius View Post
i don't think so. if it comes, it would be a miracle. we already got 4.2.2, 4.3 and now 4.4.2(eww! very buggy).
You never know. Sony is aware that they have pretty serious problems with the 4.4.2 wakelock/batterydrain errors and a prospective fix was seen for the Z/ZL on PTCRB. I'd say there is a chance that they will just roll the fix into 4.4.4 and push that out.

I also bet they were on a deadline to get the 4.4.2 out ASAP to the whole Zx series, as it's a baseline requirement for the simultaneously launched Smartband SWR10. Likely wanted to maximize their potential install base size.

anagramgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFriar View Post
You never know. Sony is aware that they have pretty serious problems with the 4.4.2 wakelock/batterydrain errors and a prospective fix was seen for the Z/ZL on PTCRB. I'd say there is a chance that they will just roll the fix into 4.4.4 and push that out.

I also bet they were on a deadline to get the 4.4.2 out ASAP to the whole Zx series, as it's a baseline requirement for the simultaneously launched Smartband SWR10. Likely wanted to maximize their potential install base size.
that firmware fix is 10.5.A.0.233 which already rolled out to xperia z austria 3 carrier. it wasn't a bug fix. no firmware has been certified yet till now other than that. and it's been a month still many users haven't got 4.4.2 update yet including me!
Xperia ZL

Dead Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Nope not seeing it. They still haven't rolled out 4.4.2 properly yet so I had to flash an ftf.

If you want 4.4.4 on a Sony phone you better buy one that's not as old as the ZL, because Sony has no interest in supporting outdated products.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dead Metal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]