[Q] custom rom user

OP fezz64

23rd June 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
hi i use custom roms on my s4 i9505, i told my friend and he said i was stupid because people can attach harmful code to any rom or program.
that can give a crook access to your pc or phone. he played me a couple of videos showing this because he has been hit on his self using third party apps, and antivirus programs do not see this code..

Can anyone elaborate on this and prove this is not true about custom roms.

Many thanks
23rd June 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 658

1,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezz64

hi i use custom roms on my s4 i9505, i told my friend and he said i was stupid because people can attach harmful code to any rom or program.
that can give a crook access to your pc or phone. he played me a couple of videos showing this because he has been hit on his self using third party apps, and antivirus programs do not see this code..

Can anyone elaborate on this and prove this is not true about custom roms.

Many thanks

custom roms on this site are required to be open source. that means the developer must post the source code to his work or it can not be posted here. for this reason it is highly unlikely you will find any nefarious code in any of the roms posted here. as for roms posted on other sites, i cant speak for their policies.
apps are always subject to malware, thats why you should only download them from a trusted source like the play store or this site.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

custom roms on this site are required to be open source. that means the developer must post the source code to his work or it can not be posted here. for this reason it is highly unlikely you will find any nefarious code in any of the roms posted here. as for roms posted on other sites, i cant speak for their policies.
apps are always subject to malware, thats why you should only download them from a trusted source like the play store or this site.

hi thanks for your help i will continue useing echoe rom as i cannot fault it...

.........THANKS TO ALL..........
28th June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #4  

12 posts
stick to one developr
stick to one developer and follow the custom rom threads carefully so that u can understand who is a very good developer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread