Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] custom rom user

Tip us?

fezz64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] custom rom user

hi i use custom roms on my s4 i9505, i told my friend and he said i was stupid because people can attach harmful code to any rom or program.
that can give a crook access to your pc or phone. he played me a couple of videos showing this because he has been hit on his self using third party apps, and antivirus programs do not see this code..

Can anyone elaborate on this and prove this is not true about custom roms.

Many thanks

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezz64 View Post
hi i use custom roms on my s4 i9505, i told my friend and he said i was stupid because people can attach harmful code to any rom or program.
that can give a crook access to your pc or phone. he played me a couple of videos showing this because he has been hit on his self using third party apps, and antivirus programs do not see this code..

Can anyone elaborate on this and prove this is not true about custom roms.

Many thanks
custom roms on this site are required to be open source. that means the developer must post the source code to his work or it can not be posted here. for this reason it is highly unlikely you will find any nefarious code in any of the roms posted here. as for roms posted on other sites, i cant speak for their policies.
apps are always subject to malware, thats why you should only download them from a trusted source like the play store or this site.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fezz64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
custom roms on this site are required to be open source. that means the developer must post the source code to his work or it can not be posted here. for this reason it is highly unlikely you will find any nefarious code in any of the roms posted here. as for roms posted on other sites, i cant speak for their policies.
apps are always subject to malware, thats why you should only download them from a trusted source like the play store or this site.
hi thanks for your help i will continue useing echoe rom as i cannot fault it...

.........THANKS TO ALL..........

sathiyaseelan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default stick to one developr

stick to one developer and follow the custom rom threads carefully so that u can understand who is a very good developer