Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid RAZR XT912 broken screen, password, data on phone

Tip us?

casuallysmashedtopieces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Droid RAZR XT912 broken screen, password, data on phone

So my friend has a Droid RAZR XT912 and the screen is broken. The digitizer doesn't really work the best, and there's a numeric password that I can't get past to get into the phone. He has pictures that are stored on the internal memory, and I tried plugging the phone into my laptop, but it doesn't actually show up. Motorola Device Manager pops up and recognizes there's a phone plugged in, but I can't change the mode on the phone to mass storage device or whatever it needs to be on to show up as a device in Windows. I've read the only way to get around a passcode in Android is to do a factory reset, but I can't do that since it'll wipe the internal data, and in this case I need it. I've plugged the phone into my TV with a mini HDMI cable and I tried plugging a USB keyboard into the phone with a mini USB adapter, but it doesn't recognize. (I tried since I can do it on my Kindle, but I think it might be because of SwiftKey.) I'm kind of at a loss here, so if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks!

casuallysmashedtopieces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Nothing?

galeshka
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by casuallysmashedtopieces View Post
Nothing?
I believe you can use Matt's Utility to do factory reset without wiping the internal memory. Here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467

Goodluck.