Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Droid RAZR XT912 broken screen, password, data on phone

OP casuallysmashedtopieces

12th June 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
So my friend has a Droid RAZR XT912 and the screen is broken. The digitizer doesn't really work the best, and there's a numeric password that I can't get past to get into the phone. He has pictures that are stored on the internal memory, and I tried plugging the phone into my laptop, but it doesn't actually show up. Motorola Device Manager pops up and recognizes there's a phone plugged in, but I can't change the mode on the phone to mass storage device or whatever it needs to be on to show up as a device in Windows. I've read the only way to get around a passcode in Android is to do a factory reset, but I can't do that since it'll wipe the internal data, and in this case I need it. I've plugged the phone into my TV with a mini HDMI cable and I tried plugging a USB keyboard into the phone with a mini USB adapter, but it doesn't recognize. (I tried since I can do it on my Kindle, but I think it might be because of SwiftKey.) I'm kind of at a loss here, so if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks!
28th June 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Nothing?
28th June 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by casuallysmashedtopieces

Nothing?

I believe you can use Matt's Utility to do factory reset without wiping the internal memory. Here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467

Goodluck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread