[Q] Droid RAZR XT912 broken screen, password, data on phone

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By casuallysmashedtopieces, Junior Member on 12th June 2014, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So my friend has a Droid RAZR XT912 and the screen is broken. The digitizer doesn't really work the best, and there's a numeric password that I can't get past to get into the phone. He has pictures that are stored on the internal memory, and I tried plugging the phone into my laptop, but it doesn't actually show up. Motorola Device Manager pops up and recognizes there's a phone plugged in, but I can't change the mode on the phone to mass storage device or whatever it needs to be on to show up as a device in Windows. I've read the only way to get around a passcode in Android is to do a factory reset, but I can't do that since it'll wipe the internal data, and in this case I need it. I've plugged the phone into my TV with a mini HDMI cable and I tried plugging a USB keyboard into the phone with a mini USB adapter, but it doesn't recognize. (I tried since I can do it on my Kindle, but I think it might be because of SwiftKey.) I'm kind of at a loss here, so if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks!
28th June 2014, 08:50 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
28th June 2014, 01:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5
Originally Posted by casuallysmashedtopieces

I believe you can use Matt's Utility to do factory reset without wiping the internal memory. Here's the link

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread