Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][EXPERIMENTAL][OS2SD/INTERNAL][4.4.x][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP2.7.1.0

Tip us?

bigsupersquid
Old
(Last edited by bigsupersquid; 25th June 2014 at 04:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY][EXPERIMENTAL][OS2SD/INTERNAL][4.4.x][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP2.7.1.0

Posting this over here.
Mostly clean fork of OmniROM/android_bootable_recovery, with patches from TechV/android_bootable_recovery and my modifications.
Meant for OS2SD, so you can flash things not meant specifically for the Optimus V (like pa_gapps, or other things I once recommended but don't sit well with trying to walk people through getting working anymore, like CrossBreeder,) and have it flash correctly to the OS2SD /system and /data partitions which most recoveries won't do without some natty prodding through ADB. And sometimes not even then.

You'll need this for my OS2SD kitkat ROM. If you're using the internal you can still get away with some other earlier recommended recovery, but I can't support them now. Gone too far away from the beaten path, with differences like:

partition 1 is still /sdcard.
partition 2 is selectable during partitioning between linux-swap and ext4 for /sd-ext. This way other recoveries won't format os2sd /data during a 'factory reset' in recovery. It was on partition 2. I moved it arbitrarily because it seems I'm the only one actively developing right now.
partition 3 is still ext4 /system.
partition 4 is now ext4 /data. It was, in the first iteration of OS2SD, ext4 /cache, but I moved that back to mtdblock1 for speed and space.

The partitioner knows the new layout: /sdcard, /swap or /sd-ext, /system, /data. And has a toggle to select swap or ext for the 2nd partition.

Internal version available in download folder as well. Allows formatting sdcard partition 3 as swap, which the KitKat ROM supports.

Has all the TWRP 2.7.1.0 goodies like 'Repair or Change File System' under Advanced Wipe, and text wraparound.
Download
IMPORTANT: When you flash the new recovery, reboot recovery to be sure it works, before flashing ROM.

Thanks to TechVendetta for his source or I'd not have messed with TWRP at all.
Not to mention the partitioning code.
Thanks to androidarmv6 for the android_device_lge_p500/msm7x27-common tweaks for TWRP which I shamelessly kanged with credit given, from thunderg to thunderc, like my 3.0 kernel and much of my device folder setup.
And thanks to @Dees_Troy et al for TWRP source code. Very very pretty, fun to modify, and I love the terminal and file manager.
If any original devs of TWRP happen to see this, my apologies for mangling the source to my own ends. It's a work in progress and I take full responsibility for any bugs or glitches. And thank you again for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigsupersquid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
reserved

bigsupersquid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
Default reserved

this spot reserved for future informational post.

bigsupersquid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
internal (stock TWRP) version uploaded.

bigsupersquid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
os2sd v3 uploaded.
Strongly recommended upgrade if you're using os2sd. Removes internal system and data from fstabs to fix mounting conflicts. It'll still flash files that mount them by device (/dev/block/mtdblock5 or 6 for system and data)

bigsupersquid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
new updated internal and tweaked os2sd versions.
advise upgrade.