Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Your though about Android L with ART as default

Tip us?

Atari-San
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Info 2 [Q] Your though about Android L with ART as default

So, finaly, a new Android OS will release tommorow. Because we all know it will be ART by default, will it be possible to making it work on the HP Touchpad or do you think it will be an hardcore challenge ? I fear this build doom the next update of Cyanogenmod or Evervolv for Touchpad. What do you think about this dev ? Will the HP Touchpad be able to run Android L (Lolipop ?) in the next 3-8 month before the next Android release came out after L ? What's the status or ART on Touchpad ? Thank you for your answer guys and continue your great work.
Device i own :
-HP Touchpad (aka Tenderloin) : 4.4.2 Kitkat JCSullin build
-Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket (aka Skyrocket) : [Reported Stolen/Lost : At the Police as Evidence for Fraud again the Seller, RIP]

4GivenByChrist
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Never under estimate the work of the developers who maintain our Touchpads. Everyone was amazed with the original install of Android and through a lot of doubt we have a working 3.4 kernel and pretty solid Kit Kat 4.4.x builds.

I'd not be one bit surprised at a fully functional version of any update with the amazing and hard work these developers have already shown.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4GivenByChrist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

topdawg7793
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari-San View Post
So, finaly, a new Android OS will release tommorow. Because we all know it will be ART by default, will it be possible to making it work on the HP Touchpad or do you think it will be an hardcore challenge ? I fear this build doom the next update of Cyanogenmod or Evervolv for Touchpad. What do you think about this dev ? Will the HP Touchpad be able to run Android L (Lolipop ?) in the next 3-8 month before the next Android release came out after L ? What's the status or ART on Touchpad ? Thank you for your answer guys and continue your great work.
Well they custom-wrote a 3.4 kernel for the HP Touchpad, so in theory it should be able to handle future iterations of Android, after a lot of work. Maintaining older devices like this can become problematic though. I'm not expecting Lollipop any time soon and wouldn't be surprised if the devs didn't bother with it at all for the Touchpad.

archbox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GivenByChrist View Post
Never under estimate the work of the developers who maintain our Touchpads. Everyone was amazed with the original install of Android and through a lot of doubt we have a working 3.4 kernel and pretty solid Kit Kat 4.4.x builds.

I'd not be one bit surprised at a fully functional version of any update with the amazing and hard work these developers have already shown.
I've tried CM11 and Evervolv with 3.4 kernel and I get way too many SOD's on both of them...even with lock screen turned off

k4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I'm running Evervolv 4.4.4 with no issues. The ROM is very smooth and fast (I installed the old Seeder app and it seems to be more than a placebo on Evervolv). I switched to ART and it was very unstable. It took a long time for the first boot and a lot of stuff kept crashing. I hope the Devs fix ART soon, since it will be the default in Android L. However, I do hope to have a new Galaxy Tab S by then

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
Tags
android l, cyanogenmod, evervolv, hp touchpad, tenderloin