Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 48,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone going to buy an android wear?

Tip us?

jkr284
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1534 View Post
Do you know if the Samsung will be able to play music independently of a phone like the Gear 2 and Neo?

I want a smart watch that I can wear while running that will provide GPS as well as let me listen to music via bluetooth headphones.

Is there such a device?

Thanks
You need the 2011 Motoactv smartwatch which has bluetooth 4, wifi, gps, 8gb memory, headphone port, links to bluetooth headphones and linksto your phone, weather updates etc. My only gripecwas there was no vibration feedback. I did the London marathon 2012 with it, loved it!

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
Office Laptop/Hybrid: Sony Vaio Duo 11
Phone/Portable Console: Sony Xperia Z Ultra

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 158
No smartwatch here. I got enough electronic leashes.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JackHanAnLG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
I just brought one. Woops

J
Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403875039642.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	2820428  
The Following User Says Thank You to JackHanAnLG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Green1534
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkr284 View Post
You need the 2011 Motoactv smartwatch which has bluetooth 4, wifi, gps, 8gb memory, headphone port, links to bluetooth headphones and linksto your phone, weather updates etc. My only gripecwas there was no vibration feedback. I did the London marathon 2012 with it, loved it!

Thank You JKR. I forgot about this device. Did a little research and it looks like it can be rooted. Did you root yours? If rooted would I then be able to use apps such as Runtastic and Google Play Music?

That would be perfect as I use the streaming service for most of my music now. Hopefully be able to save playlists to device.

jkr284
Old
Thanks Meter 20
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2380947 youll have to install a custom rom, with a bit of tinkering youll get it working fine with play music offline playback. Im not sure about runtastic. Back then I just exported to runkeeper. Check this thread for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2380947

Office Laptop/Hybrid: Sony Vaio Duo 11
Phone/Portable Console: Sony Xperia Z Ultra