Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 41,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD card/micro usb Flap keeps coming loose

Tip us?

badjoras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] SD card/micro usb Flap keeps coming loose

Hi guys,

I have been facing a problem with the falp on the left side of my xperia z2 (white, but has no gaps nor missaligns), which is that it keeps coming off. First it was ok, nothing moved, then, after opening and closing 4 times to connect to the PC it started coming off.
Now i only take it off to plug it tot he charger. infact, i bought and adapter so that i can use the wireless charging already.

The only solution I found was on a thread where someone said to put sillicone lube on it. This worries me, since i've put some (not to gross out people) "mouth moisture", AKA spit, on the rubber and it instantly makes the flap jump out of position, so i assume a lube will only make it worse.

I have contacted sony but if i send it to repais i will be without a phone for atleast 10 working days, and that is if i'm lucky....
This is a problem, since the phone is waterproof, or i would just cut off the damn thing

Does anyone have a solution for this?

thank you very much

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Ive found that the flap its self losens after time but it being closed is only problematic when there is dust in the port, cleaning it out solves my problem

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S

Cyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 21
i wont agree you! just keep thanking God!
Gadgetography of mine↴

Tip of the century!: Press the [👍THANKS] button instead of typing!

badjoras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
Ive found that the flap its self losens after time but it being closed is only problematic when there is dust in the port, cleaning it out solves my problem

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well, unfortunatly not mine... that was the forst thing I did when it stopped closing.
Amazingly now it is staying closed, has not self-opened for about 8 hours.

I guess it just gets posessed now and then...

CaptainRap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'd get that checked out, been using mine a lot since I got it a month ago and this has never happened, surely this will affect the water resistance.

benengyj
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Posted a thread about this previously - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787102

Same with what Envious_Data said, cleaning out the dust from the flap and the "socket" where the silicone seal seats solved the problem for me.

badjoras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by benengyj View Post
Posted a thread about this previously - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787102

Same with what Envious_Data said, cleaning out the dust from the flap and the "socket" where the silicone seal seats solved the problem for me.

"I kinda semi-fixed the loose flaps by cleaning off the accumulated dust around the edges of the seal and the covered area...doesn't seem to fall out as often now."

This is what you answered on your post and i have seen the answer, but " doesnt seem to fall as often now" is not, imho, the ideal scenario for a 700 euro phone, now is it?

Mine has not fallen today, which is a freaking miracle. Did not do a thing to it, it just... fixed itself i hope. Not gonna put it under water though

benengyj
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by badjoras View Post
"I kinda semi-fixed the loose flaps by cleaning off the accumulated dust around the edges of the seal and the covered area...doesn't seem to fall out as often now."

This is what you answered on your post and i have seen the answer, but " doesnt seem to fall as often now" is not, imho, the ideal scenario for a 700 euro phone, now is it?

Mine has not fallen today, which is a freaking miracle. Did not do a thing to it, it just... fixed itself i hope. Not gonna put it under water though
Haven't have it pop open on me since then actually. However I do fully agree with you that it's totally unacceptable for a shiny new flagship device to have such flaws.

Tags
faulty, flaps, rma, waterproof, xperia z2