Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root method for build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5?

Tip us?

Aetherworks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Root method for build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5?

I have a SCH-i545 model GS4 running build number KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5, and I'm looking to try to root my phone, but I can't seem to locate a rood method that says it works for that build. Is it just too new of a build? To rare? Am I just being a moron and looking in the wrong place? I'd really appreciate some help, as there are a few things bugging me about the phone since I updated to KitKat that I know rooting would help.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 814
There is no direct root method for kitkat....but there are a couple downgrade/upgrade methods available.

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aetherworks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! Is there a method being worked on? If so, I can be patient. If not, I'll go ahead and look into the downgrade/upgrade methods.

gigilie
Old
Thanks Meter 616

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherworks View Post
Thanks! Is there a method being worked on? If so, I can be patient. If not, I'll go ahead and look into the downgrade/upgrade methods.
theres no native method being worked on that hasnt been explored at this time. the trouble is we dont want to break knox or trigger it by rooting that would break our warranty. otherwise there are a few options from the international version that would work for us too its just ummm whats the point when you can downgrade then upgrade and avoid triggering knox and come out with root and safestrap which is what everyone wants/needs to flash a custom rom. you can check out my thread in my signature for the easiest way known to man.
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aetherworks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie View Post
theres no native method being worked on that hasnt been explored at this time. the trouble is we dont want to break knox or trigger it by rooting that would break our warranty. otherwise there are a few options from the international version that would work for us too its just ummm whats the point when you can downgrade then upgrade and avoid triggering knox and come out with root and safestrap which is what everyone wants/needs to flash a custom rom. you can check out my thread in my signature for the easiest way known to man.
Thank you! That makes sense, I suppose. Ok, I'll try that then.

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherworks View Post
Thank you! That makes sense, I suppose. Ok, I'll try that then.
Here's clearer instructions for his method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If you find this post helful, Click the "Thanks" button, Or if you really like what I have done you can click the "Donate to Me" button.

My works
The Following User Says Thank You to joshuabg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sambrooke
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Where can I find that native root method that would trigger knox. I don't care about the warranty, and didn't even know there was an option.

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrooke View Post
Where can I find that native root method that would trigger knox. I don't care about the warranty, and didn't even know there was an option.

I'm pretty sure there isn't one for NC5.

Sent from my NCC-1701
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

Aetherworks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg View Post
Here's clearer instructions for his method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes

Worked Great! Thank you!

wiseendeavors
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg View Post

tell me how it goes

i used this method and it worked great.... my question (which may be stupid) is?? the swap call function on the keypad dial was switched to record call which I don't need. Is their any way to fix this so I retain add/swap call function? I don't need record call at all or the black keys.