Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WIFI doesn't turn on (stuck at "turning on...")!!

Tip us?

Rapydax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default WIFI doesn't turn on (stuck at "turning on...")!!

Hello,

A friend of mine got a problem with his galaxy tab. The WiFi button doesn't turn on. When you try to turn on the button, it gets greyed out and there is a message saying: "Turning on..." After 5 seconds the button turns OFF again and this goes on and on and on.
The WiFi used to work properly for about 1 year, but now it acts like this.

It is definately not a router issue, because all other defices work fine with wifi on. It also doesn't turn on when I appoach a different router.

Then I rooted the tablet using Odin, but that didn't help.
I read through several forums and people with the same problem did a factory reset, but that didn't help either.

Anyone that could help me please?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm talking about GT-P5110, using Android 4.2.2 and build number JD39.P5110XXDML1

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapydax View Post
Hello,

A friend of mine got a problem with his galaxy tab. The WiFi button doesn't turn on. When you try to turn on the button, it gets greyed out and there is a message saying: "Turning on..." After 5 seconds the button turns OFF again and this goes on and on and on.
The WiFi used to work properly for about 1 year, but now it acts like this.

It is definately not a router issue, because all other defices work fine with wifi on. It also doesn't turn on when I appoach a different router.

Then I rooted the tablet using Odin, but that didn't help.
I read through several forums and people with the same problem did a factory reset, but that didn't help either.

Anyone that could help me please?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm talking about GT-P5110, using Android 4.2.2 and build number JD39.P5110XXDML1
try wiping cache partition and also reset router if you ever changed some settings

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

prime4tab2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just reset the device
It happened to my p3100
And it worked for me