WIFI doesn't turn on (stuck at "turning on...")!!

28th June 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

284 posts
Hello,

A friend of mine got a problem with his galaxy tab. The WiFi button doesn't turn on. When you try to turn on the button, it gets greyed out and there is a message saying: "Turning on..." After 5 seconds the button turns OFF again and this goes on and on and on.
The WiFi used to work properly for about 1 year, but now it acts like this.

It is definately not a router issue, because all other defices work fine with wifi on. It also doesn't turn on when I appoach a different router.

Then I rooted the tablet using Odin, but that didn't help.
I read through several forums and people with the same problem did a factory reset, but that didn't help either.

Anyone that could help me please?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm talking about GT-P5110, using Android 4.2.2 and build number JD39.P5110XXDML1
28th June 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapydax

Hello,

A friend of mine got a problem with his galaxy tab. The WiFi button doesn't turn on. When you try to turn on the button, it gets greyed out and there is a message saying: "Turning on..." After 5 seconds the button turns OFF again and this goes on and on and on.
The WiFi used to work properly for about 1 year, but now it acts like this.

It is definately not a router issue, because all other defices work fine with wifi on. It also doesn't turn on when I appoach a different router.

Then I rooted the tablet using Odin, but that didn't help.
I read through several forums and people with the same problem did a factory reset, but that didn't help either.

Anyone that could help me please?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm talking about GT-P5110, using Android 4.2.2 and build number JD39.P5110XXDML1

try wiping cache partition and also reset router if you ever changed some settings
28th June 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Info 2
Just reset the device
It happened to my p3100
And it worked for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread