Prime Music App

Search This thread

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Has anyone received the update yet for the new Prime Music? I've been waiting to try it out but it is not getting pushed to either of my Kindle fire HD.

If anyone has it could they pull the apk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

spring45

Jun 13, 2014
Has anyone received the update yet for the new Prime Music? I've been waiting to try it out but it is not getting pushed to either of my Kindle fire HD.

If anyone has it could they pull the apk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

In the exact same position as you. Thought I'd be clever and just pull it from Amazon's update, but they didn't include the updated APK for whatever reason.

pachi81

Feb 6, 2009
Hello,

my play store updated my music app and now it doesn´t work :(
Is it possible to replace it with the original Kindle Fire HD one?
Can some one send me the original one?

My Kindle Fire HD has the version 7.4.9

Thank you!!!

pachi81

Feb 6, 2009
Hello,

my play store updated my music app and now it doesn´t work :(
Is it possible to replace it with the original Kindle Fire HD one?
Can some one send me the original one?

My Kindle Fire HD has the version 7.4.9

Thank you!!!

Problem is solved! I downloaded the firmware from the amazon page, added the extension ".zip", opened it and took the amazonmp3_unsigned.apk from system/app folder and copied it to my kindle fire HD and replaced the apk on it.
Now all works like expected :)

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Thank you but that doesn't help those of us who are trying to get the Prime streaming app which is different from the Mp3 app.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Thank you but that doesn't help those of us who are trying to get the Prime streaming app which is different from the Mp3 app.

Did you even go to the link I posted? No you didn't or you would not still be looking. MP3 has been completely replaced by Prime Music. Amazon MP3 as a stand alone app has ceased to exist. It may say MP3 in the link but the apk is Amazon Prime streaming app.

Edit: The apk from 1mobile and the Play Store are both 4.0.3. Both are as current as it gets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Did you even try the advice you gave? No you didn't or you would know the play store version force closes after the first time. The Amazon version is different from the play store version. We need the Amazon version to get it to work on a stock Kindle.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Did you even try the advice you gave? No you didn't or you would know the play store version force closes after the first time. The Amazon version is different from the play store version. We need the Amazon version to get it to work on a stock Kindle.

Yes I have. The Amazon apk is not Kindle exclusive. It's the same as the Play Store only the Play Store apk is one update up on Amazon app store. The app has had some issues for some with most recent update for some.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

spring45

Jun 13, 2014
Problem is solved! I downloaded the firmware from the amazon page, added the extension ".zip", opened it and took the amazonmp3_unsigned.apk from system/app folder and copied it to my kindle fire HD and replaced the apk on it.
Now all works like expected :)

You also could have just hit the uninstall updates option on the app page in the Play Store.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Yes I have. The Amazon apk is not Kindle exclusive. It's the same as the Play Store only the Play Store apk is one update up on Amazon app store. The app has had some issues for some with most recent update for some.

Omg, the APK for the Kindle Fire IS different from the generic Android APK. The have the same identifier name but they are different. Different file sizes, different UI. Different.The Amazon Kindle reader app used to have the same problem, if you are running the Kindle's own OS (or Kinology) and you updated the app through the play store it would break functionality, because they're different APKs. This is well documented.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1590000
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574467

Last edited: