Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 35,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Smartwatch 2 'Different certificates for host app and smart connect' error

Tip us?

dansharpy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Default Smartwatch 2 'Different certificates for host app and smart connect' error

Is anyone else getting this or know a solution? Can't use my smartwatch at all at the moment despite installing both apps from the play store!
Got a Dropbox? Want one? Click here and we both get 500mb of storage extra, FOR FREE!!!

Please watch THIS if you're about to post!! Dont forget the 'THANKS' button if ive been helpful

enigma_x
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Which phone, stock/custom rom? Have tried to unpair bt connection, uninstall apps, reset sw2, clear cache and reboot your phone?

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

dansharpy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma_x View Post
Which phone, stock/custom rom? Have tried to unpair bt connection, uninstall apps, reset sw2, clear cache and reboot your phone?

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)
I've tried everything I can think of. Even done a complete wipe and fresh install of rom. I'm on HTC One on cm11 nightly (17/6) but i was on M7 release and had same problem.
Got a Dropbox? Want one? Click here and we both get 500mb of storage extra, FOR FREE!!!

Please watch THIS if you're about to post!! Dont forget the 'THANKS' button if ive been helpful

newbyp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansharpy View Post
I've tried everything I can think of. Even done a complete wipe and fresh install of rom. I'm on HTC One on cm11 nightly (17/6) but i was on M7 release and had same problem.
I have a very similar issue although I don't see any error message at all, I can pair the watch with the phone using bluetooth and I can change the watch face from the Smart Connect app, however when I load any of the apps via the play store they install but do not transfer to the watch.

I am running CM11-20140622-UNOFFICAL-golden 4.4.4 on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini 8190N. I have tried resetting the watch, de-installing and reinstalling apps and smart connect but they still don't work. I connected the watch to a stock Android phone and it works fine.

Any ideas would be gratefully received and yes I am a real newby!

Tonio78370
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I had this on a entirely stock Note 3. I:
- cut BT on both devices
- factory reset the watch
- fully uninstalled Smart Connect and SW2 (force stop - delete data - uninstall)
- rebooted the phone
- installed official Smart Connect
- installed official SW2
- paired the watch

and I'm back in business

I'll give the patched SW2 software another try later.

Hope it helps!

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005
Punctuation and spelling of this post are freely invented. Similarities with writing rules, ancient or current, are pure luck and unintentional.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonio78370 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

newbyp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio78370 View Post
I had this on a entirely stock Note 3. I:
- cut BT on both devices
- factory reset the watch
- fully uninstalled Smart Connect and SW2 (force stop - delete data - uninstall)
- rebooted the phone
- installed official Smart Connect
- installed official SW2
- paired the watch

and I'm back in business

I'll give the patched SW2 software another try later.

Hope it helps!

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005
Well I tried everything and it still did not work, so I flashed the latest cm11 rom after uninstalling the smart connect app and unpairing the phone. ito my surprise it has sprung into life with only one app not working (Sony walkmate) and I can do without that telling me to walk further each day.

Thanks for the pointers.
The Following User Says Thank You to newbyp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]