Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB and Sideloading 18.11

Tip us?

GiGoVX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ADB and Sideloading 18.11

I'm really struggling here, I followed all the steps but still can't get adb to work.

I have tried the modified drivers but no luck either, I know adb is working just fine as it shows up my S4 when I plug it in (using same port and cable)

What am I doing wrong?

Help before I start smashing my Glass!

jtxdriggers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Can you be more specific? What exactly isn't working? What OS are you running? Have you enabled debugging in your Glass settings?

GiGoVX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtxdriggers View Post
Can you be more specific? What exactly isn't working? What OS are you running? Have you enabled debugging in your Glass settings?
Sorry yes,

I connect Glass to my Windows 7 machine via original cable, with USB debug enabled, I go to CMD type in ADB Devices and morning gets listed.

If I plug in my S4 using the same port and cable the S4 shows up under ADB.

I have tried using the standard drivers and the modified version but both give me the same result.

GiGoVX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtxdriggers View Post
Yes sorry,

I plug in Glass using original cable with USB debug enabled. CMD to directory and type in Adb Device and nothing shows up. If I plug in my S4 and do the same or shows that up. I have tried the modified drivers and the original drivers but no luck.

Would it make a difference it being a UK Glass? Can't see there being a different firmware build for it?

jtxdriggers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGoVX View Post
Yes sorry,

I plug in Glass using original cable with USB debug enabled. CMD to directory and type in Adb Device and nothing shows up. If I plug in my S4 and do the same or shows that up. I have tried the modified drivers and the original drivers but no luck.

Would it make a difference it being a UK Glass? Can't see there being a different firmware build for it?
The only alternate builds I know of are the "try before you buy" models which only allow charging via USB. But the UK version shouldn't be any different from the US version to my knowledge. Perhaps try with an Ubuntu live CD or something, Windows is certainly not my area of expertise.

GiGoVX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Got it working but only on the other halfs Win8 laptop, wonder how long it will be until she gets fed up with me borrowing it lol

msuug
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGoVX View Post
Got it working but only on the other halfs Win8 laptop, wonder how long it will be until she gets fed up with me borrowing it lol
i had issues like this. i edited the winusb.inf driver.

instructions are here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-device-by-adb

hope this helps.

GiGoVX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuug View Post
i had issues like this. i edited the winusb.inf driver.

instructions are here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-device-by-adb

hope this helps.
Cheers for the kink and info but still no luck