FORUMS

Trouble Restoring Old Whatsapp chats(From my old smartphone to MOTO E)

Thanks Meter: 0

By AbhiDaKing, Junior Member on 28th June 2014, 08:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I recently bought MOTO E and reinstalled most of my previous smartphone apps easily, however i am somehow unable to restore my whatsapp chats completely.
I tried restoring from database, it works fine with chat history but media doesn't appear(Yes i copied media folder).

Also, any way to have whatsapp media stored on external sd card in MOTO E
my whatsapp folder is taking a lot of data, eating lot of internal memory

28th June 2014, 11:14 PM |#2  
Thumbs up Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiDaKing

I recently bought MOTO E and reinstalled most of my previous smartphone apps easily, however i am somehow unable to restore my whatsapp chats completely.
I tried restoring from database, it works fine with chat history but media doesn't appear(Yes i copied media folder).

uninstall whats app from moto e
backup your Contacts from other device (i suggest use Super Backup app from app store)
restore your Contacts to moto e
copy paste chat/media folder of whats app to moto e and install it again Enjoy.

if your Both Devices are rooted then use titanium backup Simply.
29th June 2014, 03:55 AM |#3  
Flag Hassan,Karnataka
Thanks Meter: 38

More
It's actually simple...go to settings>apps>WhatsApp - clear the data

Now paste the WhatsApp folder from ur old phone into internal memory of moto e(not SD card)

Launch WhatsApp, ur conversations will be restored.
Yesterday, 06:01 PM |#4  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiDaKing

First of all, congrats on your moto e!! Sorry to say but there is one solution to yoour problem... Moto e has a less internal storage but you always have an option.. Flash custom rom like CyanogenMod 12.1 which has lollipop 5.1.1 from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...-12-1-t3066007 If you dont know how to do this process then take a starter view from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e/development After flashing CyanogenMod, go to Settings>Apps>click on the settings button at top right side and select prefferred install location>removable SD card.
Hit Thanks If I helped...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread