Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more
Thread Deleted

Registering devices with GCM error

OP mur762

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
28th June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello everybody,

I'm experimenting with Google Cloud Messaging and I was following the tutorial at https :// github. com/ GoogleCloudPlatform/gradle-appengine-templates/blob/master/GcmEndpoints/README.md (I beg pardon but I can't post links). Unfortunately I spent the last two days struggling with solving all the dependencies but I still miss one.

In this code (taken from the tutorial at point 2.2) I cannot resolve the class "Registration"; I've been trying looking for it but given such a vague name I got back millions results that had little to do with my problem.

I also tried to add to my project all the suggested libraries but none of them contained the class I need.

Code:

public GcmRegistrationAsyncTask() {
        Registration.Builder builder = new Registration.Builder(AndroidHttp.newCompatibleTransport(), new AndroidJsonFactory(), null)
            // Need setRootUrl and setGoogleClientRequestInitializer only for local testing, otherwise they can be skipped
            .setRootUrl("h t t p : / / 10.0.2.2:8080/_ah/api/")
            .setGoogleClientRequestInitializer(new GoogleClientRequestInitializer() {
                @Override
                public void initialize(AbstractGoogleClientRequest<?> abstractGoogleClientRequest) throws IOException {
                    abstractGoogleClientRequest.setDisableGZipContent(true);
                }
            });
            // end of optional local run code

regService = builder.build();
    }
Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Bye
Mario
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread