FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can't install separate camera app (cm 11 m6)

28th June 2014, 01:02 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I have cm 11 m6 installed and I really don't like the stock camera. I was trying to install a ported version on the original G2 camera which I found to be a lot better, but every time I download the apk and install it, it just says "not installed" or something like that. I tried another camera too (MIUI) and it did the same thing.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to do something with the permissions (I don't know how to change them) ?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
28th June 2014, 11:17 AM |#2  
z3pp3lin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern AZ
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizi123

I have cm 11 m6 installed and I really don't like the stock camera. I was trying to install a ported version on the original G2 camera which I found to be a lot better, but every time I download the apk and install it, it just says "not installed" or something like that. I tried another camera too (MIUI) and it did the same thing.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to do something with the permissions (I don't know how to change them) ?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Do you have "Unknown source" checked in settings>general>security?

Sent from my XDABBEB VS98024A v1.2.1 using XDA free mobile app
28th June 2014, 03:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3pp3lin

Do you have "Unknown source" checked in settings>general>security?

Yes, I have that checked. I have installed other apps this way. It just seems to be the camera apps that don't work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 04:02 PM |#4  
z3pp3lin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern AZ
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizi123

Yes, I have that checked. I have installed other apps this way. It just seems to be the camera apps that don't work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

I didn't think a stock cam would work with cm or aosp since that's what keeps a lot of people sticking with a stock rom. I would read and ask in these threads.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495753

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522889

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540030

Sent from my XDABBEB VS98024A v1.2.1 using XDA free mobile app
28th June 2014, 05:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3pp3lin

I didn't think a stock cam would work with cm or aosp since that's what keeps a lot of people sticking with a stock rom. I would read and ask in these threads.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495753

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522889

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540030

Sent from my XDABBEB VS98024A v1.2.1 using XDA free mobile app

That's what I was thinking that too but there was someone here that ported the stock G2 camera app for AOSP Roms. But its not just that app, its other camera apps too that are supposed to work with AOSP.

I will look into those threads.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 08:24 PM |#6  
z3pp3lin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern AZ
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizi123

That's what I was thinking that too but there was someone here that ported the stock G2 camera app for AOSP Roms. But its not just that app, its other camera apps too that are supposed to work with AOSP.

I will look into those threads.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

No problem but I would try Jishnu's. I didn't realize he made a version for cm/aosp. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471900

This also looks promising.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2525783

Sent from my XDABBEB VS98024A v1.2.1 using XDA free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes