Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Express" Shipping

Tip us?

sn0warmy
Old
Thanks Meter 779
I wish I would have seen this thread before ordering my phone this morning.

Yesterday I won an invite through the Storm Of Invites thing and this morning I redeemed it and ordered the 64GB version. I opted for Express for the extra $5 thinking it would be nice to have it a little sooner. However, if I would have known "Standard" was USPS and "Express" was UPS ground I would have saved the $5 and got it 2-3 days sooner since USPS is always much quicker in my area.

Kind of peeved that I spent an extra $5 to receive the phone later but that's neither here nor there at this point. I'm just happy I got an invite allowing me to save ~$300 by not buying the G3 while still getting the same/similar hardware. I all but gave up on this phone and was just patiently waiting on the release of the G3 on T-Mobile until I got the email from OnePlus yesterday.
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One

KiNG OMaR
Old
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
I wish I would have seen this thread before ordering my phone this morning.

Yesterday I won an invite through the Storm Of Invites thing and this morning I redeemed it and ordered the 64GB version. I opted for Express for the extra $5 thinking it would be nice to have it a little sooner. However, if I would have known "Standard" was USPS and "Express" was UPS ground I would have saved the $5 and got it 2-3 days sooner since USPS is always much quicker in my area.

Kind of peeved that I spent an extra $5 to receive the phone later but that's neither here nor there at this point. I'm just happy I got an invite allowing me to save ~$300 by not buying the G3 while still getting the same/similar hardware. I all but gave up on this phone and was just patiently waiting on the release of the G3 on T-Mobile until I got the email from OnePlus yesterday.
Same here. On all points lol. Oh well, at least the UPS guy knocks on the door instead of leaving it outside like USPS does.
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7

craig@xatik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
I think you guys will get faster shipping.

My "express" shipping was actually $1 cheaper than standard so they may have finally fixed it!
Don't forget to hit Thanks if you found my post helpful!

Creator of the Man Test and Droid Draw!
Check out how Manly you are or enjoy creating patterns with the Turtle Graphics remake Droid Draw today! Both are available on Google Play for Android devices 2.2+

quailallstar
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
I ordered one yesterday morning and got standard shipping. Haven't received any notification of shipment yet.

BAD_BOY_KIEV
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
I ordered one yesterday morning and got standard shipping. Haven't received any notification of shipment yet.
How much did they charge you for shipping? You're talking about shipping in US right?

quailallstar
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_BOY_KIEV View Post
How much did they charge you for shipping? You're talking about shipping in US right?
They charged me $11.99 for shipping to Atlanta. Were they not supised to charge me for standard shipping?

MadMax
Old
Thanks Meter 890

DONATE TO ME
I paid for express shipping and it got shipped out on Wednesday and I had it on Friday the same week. 😀
Team Blackout Developer

Current Phone
OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64GB
Telus HTC One

Past Phones
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Telus HTC One X (One XL)