Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Deleted internal storage and adb doesn't work

Tip us?

Sieze
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabtos View Post
hey so I got another problem. When I try to install a ruu it fails because htc_fastboot.exe has stopped working. On my other pc it just freezes at 5% .

I downloaded a new android sdk with adb and fastboot but the same error occured.
what RUU and what hboot is your phone on
-=insert something interesting to look at here =-

zabtos
Old
(Last edited by zabtos; 28th June 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieze View Post
what RUU and what hboot is your phone on
hboot: 1.57
RUU: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u...igned_2-1-exe/

The RUU is the same but I didn't download it from there, just can't find the original link

The weird thing is I installed this ruu one day ago, before I messed up my phone, and everything went fine.

Now I first installed the revolution hd rom to see if the otg method is working, then I tried to run the ruu and I got this error.

EDIT: Ok, I flashed a stock rom from revolution hd via recovery, now I can update my phone. However would be still interesting to know why the ruu isn't working properly

One last question just to be sure: Now I have a stock htc one rom and a stock htc one recovery, but the it's rooted. Will I receive updates or do I need to unroot it? I don't care if the root is lost after the update.

Sieze
Old
Thanks Meter 43
root shouldnt effect OTA updates. only if you change recovery. withotu stock recovery you cannot OTA update. and as for wy the RUU wouldnt work i suspect it has something to do with you having to new a hboot. may be wrong though.

and you may lose root after OTA but only if android version changes.
-=insert something interesting to look at here =-
The Following User Says Thank You to Sieze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zabtos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieze View Post
root shouldnt effect OTA updates. only if you change recovery. withotu stock recovery you cannot OTA update. and as for wy the RUU wouldnt work i suspect it has something to do with you having to new a hboot. may be wrong though.

and you may lose root after OTA but only if android version changes.
Ok then, if I can update my htc it's alright, the root doesn't matter