[Q] Brand new to everything root related, some simple questions i hope.

OP brywayns

28th June 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Ok here we go thank you to whoever takes the time to answer these sorry if I sound uneducated in this field but I have no idea what I am doing really.

1) I am running a Galaxy S4 through Koodo (Canadian) sgh-i337m baseband I337MVLUFNE1 the build number is the same but with KOT49H. added to the front of it, my question is is it possible to unlock my bootloader I've seen posts about AT&T locking theirs or something and I wasn't sure.
2) Secondly I've rooted my phone using Odin and how can I tell if my bootloader is unlocked? (keep in mind im not too tech savvy with the android OS yet)
3) What would happen if I flashed Cyanogenmod onto my device and it wasn't unlocked? I bought ROM Toolbox pro
4) How do I go about doing anything in recovery mode everytime I go through it shows a dead android guy and doesn't give me many options?
5) How do I change my boot screen, I tried a few methods but I don't think I am deodexed (which i don't know what it means really) and it tells me i cant change themes etc with ease, when i tried that x-(something) program to deodex my device it couldn't detect the device through the usb or it took ridiculously long and I quit out.

Thank you very much to whoever can help me out, I'm not sure where my Koodo GS4 falls in relation to canadian GS4's etc so I don't want to mess it up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread