Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Blue Screen of Death Everynight on CM11M7

Tip us?
 
sarovarc@gmail.com
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2011
Default [Q] Blue Screen of Death Everynight on CM11M7

This is the weirdest behavior I have ever noted from my device. I am on the LG E975 with CyanogenMod 11 M7 release. I installed it the day it came out and it was working like a charm, no problem.

However, over the last three days I wake up every morning to find that my phone has a blue screen of death on. I am quite groggy at this point, os I haven't ever tried to read the BSOD (I'll try to tomorrow morning). I shut it down and it goes into the bootloader menu, where it asks me to choose between options like, Power Off, Fastboot, Recover Menu ... And then I can power on like nothing ever went wrong. I suppose its relevant to mention that while hitting the bed my phone is usually near a full charge (>75%) but not plugged in.

This hasn't happened during the day at all.

I do not remember installing any new apps over the last 2/3 days and the only thing that is different is that my phone is on roaming (in the same timezone).

I tried having a look a the logcat but I am no mobile device expert and the one I was able to get in the morning only contained logs from the reboot, so no information about the crash itself.. If anyone has any suggestion on how to locate the problem that would be great.

I really want to avoid a complete wipe. Thanks all.
 
nch26
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 290
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarovarc@gmail.com View Post
This is the weirdest behavior I have ever noted from my device. I am on the LG E975 with CyanogenMod 11 M7 release. I installed it the day it came out and it was working like a charm, no problem.

However, over the last three days I wake up every morning to find that my phone has a blue screen of death on. I am quite groggy at this point, os I haven't ever tried to read the BSOD (I'll try to tomorrow morning). I shut it down and it goes into the bootloader menu, where it asks me to choose between options like, Power Off, Fastboot, Recover Menu ... And then I can power on like nothing ever went wrong. I suppose its relevant to mention that while hitting the bed my phone is usually near a full charge (>75%) but not plugged in.

This hasn't happened during the day at all.

I do not remember installing any new apps over the last 2/3 days and the only thing that is different is that my phone is on roaming (in the same timezone).

I tried having a look a the logcat but I am no mobile device expert and the one I was able to get in the morning only contained logs from the reboot, so no information about the crash itself.. If anyone has any suggestion on how to locate the problem that would be great.

I really want to avoid a complete wipe. Thanks all.
Leave a logcat here so i can help maybe.
Do you undervolt your cpu frequencys ? maybe you do it too much, or maybe overcock too much.
Also is a good idea check your app wakelock, maybe some wakelock is causing this, some app.
 
sarovarc@gmail.com
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nch26 View Post
Leave a logcat here so i can help maybe.
Do you undervolt your cpu frequencys ? maybe you do it too much, or maybe overcock too much.
Also is a good idea check your app wakelock, maybe some wakelock is causing this, some app.
Hey,

Can you tell me how to retrieve my logcat? The one I was able to get is from the reboot in the morning.

I haven't ever played around with any sort of overclocking so that can't be it.

Can you also tell me a little more about app wakelock?

Thanks
 
nch26
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 290
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarovarc@gmail.com View Post
Hey,

Can you tell me how to retrieve my logcat? The one I was able to get is from the reboot in the morning.

I haven't ever played around with any sort of overclocking so that can't be it.

Can you also tell me a little more about app wakelock?

Thanks
With this you can get Logcat.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

Download wakelock detector from playstore and check how many times and what app are causing wakelocks.
Really without logcat of reboot is very hard to say.
Anyway a hard reset should fix this..
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes