Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 47,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchpad won't turn on

Tip us?

X-Nemesis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Question [Q] Touchpad won't turn on

I was resizing the partitions for the 4.4.2 install following Roland's youtube instructions. I placed the zip package in the cminstall folder and than ran the installcm5 bat file and let the tp do it's thing but it farted out after a few minutes and was non responsive. Now it won't even turn on to be recognized by WebOS Doctor. Is TPDebrick my only option and if so, is there a noob friendly run through of how to use it in windows?

dharmastation3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
I was resizing the partitions for the 4.4.2 install following Roland's youtube instructions. I placed the zip package in the cminstall folder and than ran the installcm5 bat file and let the tp do it's thing but it farted out after a few minutes and was non responsive. Now it won't even turn on to be recognized by WebOS Doctor. Is TPDebrick my only option and if so, is there a noob friendly run through of how to use it in windows?
TPDebrick requires Ubuntu. It's unlikely your pad is completely fried though. TPDebrick works miracles.

X-Nemesis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
So if I don't have access to an Ubuntu machine than it's pretty much bricked

dharmastation3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You can download the version of Ubuntu required for free, download software that turns it into a Live USB (runs off a jump drive) version for free, and run Ubuntu and TPDebrick for free. The only roadblock is your own time and ability to read/comprehend the instructions. It really comes down to whether or not you want to fix it.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gtallmadge
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Live CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
So if I don't have access to an Ubuntu machine than it's pretty much bricked
You can download Ubuntu 12.04 and burn a CD/DVD and run it without installing Ubuntu.
Here is a link with instructions for TBDebrick: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

Also, if you are unfamiliar with Linux and Ubuntu in particular, the Ubuntu forums are willing to help.