Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Locked bootloader bypass = $

Tip us?
 
Mortify1
Old
#1  
Mortify1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 310
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Locked bootloader bypass = $

I'm willing to throw up $100 for the first Dev to unlock a locked bootloader on the Z2. I miss my AOSP ! Anyone else chipping in?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy S2 X
Rooted

Running synergy kernel
 
Envious_Data
Old
#2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 669
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yaizu
A non unlockable bootloader is not easily unlocked, it will take upto 2 years to unlock a single device so its pointless, and even then this unlock will only work on that device so no, no unlock

As for aosp roms, all we need is a third kernel in the system partition, its quite hard but done before and works fine when done

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S
 
Mortify1
Old
#3  
Mortify1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 310
Join Date: Oct 2010
I'm saying that I'd be willing to pay whichever method gets me AOSP.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy S2 X
Rooted

Running synergy kernel
 
Envious_Data
Old
#4  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 669
Posts: 1,629
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yaizu
Ill be testing a method later this year so if anyone else wants to try feel free

I honestly dont care about money

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S
 
juicejuice
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortify1 View Post
I'm willing to throw up $100 for the first Dev to unlock a locked bootloader on the Z2. I miss my AOSP ! Anyone else chipping in?
Can't you flash an AOSP based ROM if you use EasyRoot, install XZDualRecovery and then use TWRP/PhilZ to flash?
 
mishooo
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 168
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
A bit off topic but.

Did i miss something in the android world - i have never had a sony device before (always used htc even before htcdev) but what changed once upon a time usually exploits came around in a matter of months not years. So did sony invent the ultimate protection system or something like that ?
 
funky0308
Old
#7  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4948
Posts: 6,144
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Osijek

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishooo View Post
A bit off topic but.

Did i miss something in the android world - i have never had a sony device before (always used htc even before htcdev) but what changed once upon a time usually exploits came around in a matter of months not years. So did sony invent the ultimate protection system or something like that ?
Don't understand you?
"We have" found exploits for all fw for now...

All latest firmwares for all Xperia devices (Z,Z1(s and c) Z2 and all older devices could be rooted..

Z2 is 2-3 month old device and we have root method for all firmwares...

That doesn't have anything with custom ROMs or AOSP ROMs.

Locked bootloader is something totally diferent.
Locked bootloader is something Sony won't do , that's something requested by operators (mostly t-mobile) - Google it and you'll get it..
 
mishooo
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 168
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Don't understand you?
"We have" found exploits for all fw for now...

All latest firmwares for all Xperia devices (Z,Z1(s and c) Z2 and all older devices could be rooted..

Z2 is 2-3 month old device and we have root method for all firmwares...

That doesn't have anything with custom ROMs or AOSP ROMs.

Locked bootloader is something totally diferent.
Locked bootloader is something Sony won't do , that's something requested by operators (mostly t-mobile) - Google it and you'll get it..
Yes i meant unlocking the bootloader (i know what locked bootloader is dont worry). As i said I used to have HTC`s for the past like 10 years and initially (true during the windows era that was not a problem) then alparev did the job etc anyway was more of me just thinking about it no worries

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...