Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I might switch my SGS4 for a G2... but before I do, some Q's

Tip us?

Formhault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085 View Post
Lg ui is themeable...it has its own themes like cm and other aosp...just gotta download and install them...aosp is still nice but not as necessary on the g2...enjoy!
My point exactly.

AOSP > TW
LG ~= AOSP at least in terms of functionality, it seems.
Did my post entertain or help you? Do you hate me? Hit the THANKS button!

To all my haters

sergini
Old
Thanks Meter 555
I just don't understand the camera quality in low light situations... It's like it has 3mpx!
United we Stand, divided we fall!

Galaxy Ace -> Galaxy SII -> Galaxy Nexus (maguro) -> Galaxy SIII (Garnet RED) -> HTC ONE 32GB Silver (2 weeks) -> Galaxy S4 (Black Edition) -> LG G2

Formhault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergini View Post
I just don't understand the camera quality in low light situations... It's like it has 3mpx!
It's not a UltraPixel camera, so...

But in normal lighting conditions, it is AWESOME.

To all my haters

tomsi91
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic View Post
Not really anything I guess besides read the instructions on some custom roms carefully if you need to flash something else and always have a backup plan if you flash custom roms so if it goes wrong you can always restore it on a good way and like you said backup Imei partition and maybe other partitions also idk.

I also have a question for the G2 owners
Does your G2 turn on in your pocket or is it hard to press the Power button? and on the power button side if you lay it on the table is there like plastic a bit going up to not turn your phone on?
And does the G2 lays good in your hand if you are using your phone one handed? I just wonder cause I was holding the Xperia Z so a Square phone I can almost say cause it doesn't have those round edges so its notso nice in the hands but the G2 is I guess but I just want to know how it is for other G2 owners And or they also havesomething else to say about the G2 it looks for me a futuristic phone with a simple idea but nobody wanted to risk that idea to make such a phone but LG did cause life's good if I willget the G2 it will be my third LG phone and lg rocked the whole time
G2 never unlock screen in pocket, but i love i can control music player by volume keys without getting phone from pocket.

Formhault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsi91 View Post
G2 never unlock screen in pocket, but i love i can control music player by volume keys without getting phone from pocket.
Every time I hit my pocket (with the back of my hand, my palm or anything), I have the impression I've woken up the screen, so I take it out to check. It'd be nice to have a vibration feedback every time the screen comes on, or a robotic mosquito to fly & tell me that.

To all my haters

Formhault
Old
(Last edited by Formhault; 28th June 2014 at 11:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,022
Hey guys, what ROM do you recommend me to use? LG custom ROM (I wanna use DorimanX kernel )

To all my haters

sergini
Old
Thanks Meter 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post
Hey guys, what ROM do you recommend me to use? LG custom ROM (I wanna use DorimanX kernel )
I think dori kernel has a bug that the screen only turns on after 4 or 5 rings when someone is calling.. That's right?
United we Stand, divided we fall!

Galaxy Ace -> Galaxy SII -> Galaxy Nexus (maguro) -> Galaxy SIII (Garnet RED) -> HTC ONE 32GB Silver (2 weeks) -> Galaxy S4 (Black Edition) -> LG G2

Formhault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,022
Quote:
I think dori kernel has a bug that the screen only turns on after 4 or 5 rings when someone is calling.. That's right?
I dunno... hope not... that seems like a screen-off max frequency issue

To all my haters

rogconnect
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
No such thing for me. Just tested.....1 ring ...Screen On from sleep.
GloudyG3 V 1.1 Powered by Dorimanx 5.5 UC 2.0 Ghz.

Sent by my LG-G2 LS-980 CloudyG3 1.1 on TMO 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to rogconnect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]