Please help (can't boot back into the os)

Search This thread

phillip_viado

Jul 22, 2010
Las Vegas
@kintwofan i got it booted up. all i needed to do is push the laf.img file to the phone through cwm. then i turned off the phone and tried to boot it up in download mode. and surprisingly it recognize the phone in download mode. then i lg flash back to jellybean using the tot file. now its up and running. thanks for helping me out. where can i go to donate to you. but i have one last problem i cant update to kitkat. when i click on check for system update it says the phone is not registered yet.also the knock on does not work anymore. i even factory data reseted it and it was the same thing

Last edited:
Reactions: dishnet

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
@kintwofan i got it booted up. all i needed to do is push the laf.img file to the phone through cwm. then i turned off the phone and tried to boot it up in download mode. and surprisingly it recognize the phone in download mode. then i lg flash back to jellybean using the tot file. now its up and running. thanks for helping me out. where can i go to donate to you. but i have one last problem i cant update to kitkat. when i click on check for system update it says the phone is not registered yet.also the knock on does not work anymore. i even factory data reseted it and it was the same thing

That is awesome man! Justinwidebody had told people to fix the knock code you needed to go into the secret menu by dialing 3845#*950# then go to settings and update touch firmware. As for the update to kit kat I'm not sure how to fix that, but if you hold tight I have a feeling there will be a rooted flashable version soon since the Tot is it

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

phillip_viado

Jul 22, 2010
Las Vegas
That is awesome man! Justinwidebody had told people to fix the knock code you needed to go into the secret menu by dialing 3845#*950# then go to settings and update touch firmware. As for the update to kit kat I'm not sure how to fix that, but if you hold tight I have a feeling there will be a rooted flashable version soon since the Tot is it

sweet the secret menu worked ill just wait until theres a flashable kitkat rom. thanks again i owe you big time.

phillip_viado

Jul 22, 2010
Las Vegas
one more thing do you know how to fix the big gap of space between the notifications and quick toggles?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-16-10-17-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-10-17-28.png
    164 KB · Views: 73

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Strange I don't have that, not sure why you do. It would probably be a simple mod to lgsystemui to fix. Just hold off for kk to see if it's gone then.

so i have this same issue lol, except i used fastboot commands to flash stock recovery i think. Same problem as OP, except i CANNOT boot into cwm.

I just bootloop at LG logo, any idea?

donutkidd

Dec 9, 2010
Its stuck on the lg logo

when i plug it in to my computer it does't recognize the phone

i can only go to download mode

is my phone fully bricked
I'm in a similar case right now but I can't enter recovery mode, I can get into download mode but computer doesn't recognize my phone. I was last on 4.2.2 and I accidentally flash the wrong rom.

Reactions: dishnet

dishnet

Jun 30, 2014

@phillip_viado what location or in what folder in the phone did you located the laf.img? Im having the same issue and is driving me crazy :(

tufoz

May 15, 2009
same problem here..

d955 on 4.4.2 but bootloop after installing font pack.. any idea to save the phone without losing the datas and settings?

Mildromeda

Jun 27, 2014
SCHENECTADY
I did the same I have the sprint variant used freedom flex like an idiot didn't read my phone doesn't work in DM BUT!!! I can push via adb but when I try to flash Roms it doesn't work but the iroot kit Kat root works. After I got it into twrp I noticed the internal was wiped so system data all those folders are empty so I'm wondering what files should I push?
A certain ROM or maybe the stock recovery any suggestions

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Yeah check out the forum on how to return to stock. You guys have the easier method with the tot files and tool. The thread is in the general section.

slickwidnick

Nov 16, 2012
surrey
OnePlus 7 Pro
if i knew anything about development and/or modification of phone software i would giving back for all the help i have received. in fact, could anyone point me in the right direction to maybe something that i could teach myself with, cause im eager to learn. im ordering a jtag box within a weeks time and id like to be able to take full advantage of the freedom having a jtag affords..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go. A couple things; this is full stock ATT jellybean so you'll need to factory reset (possibly even wipe internal sdcard), this has not been tested because I made it specifically for you SO I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF IT DOES BRICK YOUR PHONE. Having said that it shouldn't in the worst case may you just have to follow up with lgflash tool using ATT tot.

Now then download, adb side load the zip wipe and flash

http://www.mediafire.com/?l353n3bqmzdfxg4

If I were you, I would be spamming the hell out of the thanks button for the guys who are helping you out.

For all the help people dole out in these forums, NOBODY really thanks anybody except for the movers and shakers (the regulars: they know who they are). People just expect help and support but I don't see it ever repaid. Sucks

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Its stuck on the lg logo

when i plug it in to my computer it does't recognize the phone

i can only go to download mode

is my phone fully bricked
    I'm in a similar case right now but I can't enter recovery mode, I can get into download mode but computer doesn't recognize my phone. I was last on 4.2.2 and I accidentally flash the wrong rom.
    im on the at&t d950, i was on kitkat update, and used playfulgods recovery app. thats why it went like like, i was testing the app on kitkat. it does not work on kitkat

I'm curious why you tested it in kit kat. He says right in the op it doesn't work. what happens in download mode? You can't use the lgflash tool and restore

so many people are gonna brick their phones because they don't READ EVERYTHING BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING!