Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any chance for MagazinUX like in TabPRO?

Tip us?

grej
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Any chance for MagazinUX like in TabPRO?

I'd like to ask GT-P7500 developers if there are any chance to have MagazinUX interface like in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782580 ?

AAccount
Old
Thanks Meter 1286

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grej View Post
I'd like to ask GT-P7500 developers if there are any chance to have MagazinUX interface like in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782580 ?
Not from me. Porting stock samsung apps to aosp roms is not easy. Samsung customizes android with mountains and mountains and even more mountains of additions. For better or for worse is up for debate but I'd argue for worse The name "Lagwiz" doesn't come from nowhere

The samsung apps then reference these additions. Someone would need to find those additions, extract them, and stuff them in the samsung app apk. Basically, the samsung apps apk are not standalone installers. Someone would need to put the effort to add the missing extras to these apks. Now I haven't seen the magazine ux, but if you want a more 4.0 ics launcher without the ugly dock at the bottom try nova launcher or adw.

Samsung has discontinued this tablet after only 1 update from honeycomb to ics. Talk about poor 1st party support. Bulls**t that "there's too little ram" or "the hardware's not capable". KitKat runs smoothly and can actually use live wallpapers. I've never been able to use live wallpaper without severe lag even back in honeycomb.

And lastly, this is a question thread not a development thread.
Sony Tablet Z:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S3 I9300: Omni4.4.4; Devil Kernel 2; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: Omni4.4.4; MY A1 Kernel V1.9; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S I9000M:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0

"It's the assumptions that kill you." --Me
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends." --Me
The Following User Says Thank You to AAccount For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
kitkat, magazinux