Has anyone received Sprint OTA update NE5?

OP booey24

25th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #11  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 13

14 posts
More
Prompt Self service e signature "network error" fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy

Just downloaded and installed update. Seattle area. Attempting to E-sign the Wifi Calling app 911 TOA but keep getting a network error after a forced automatic reboot directly after installing the update. The interesting thing about setting up the wifi calling app is it opens a self service menu and gives you access to the IOT hidden menus.

I wasn't able to get anywhere past the e signature thing (kept saying network error) until I actually called Sprint and had them add wifi calling as a (free) service on my account. After that, it went through right away.
25th June 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag South Jersey
Thanks Meter: 24

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHind

What does it say for Baseband Version under About Device in the settings menu? Do you now have a WiFi Calling App and/or settings entry?
(Basically, was this indeed the update we've been looking for?)
Just strictly curious, I of course couldn't wait either and flashed the provided modem using Odin. TIA.

Baseband Version is now NE5 and yes the wifi calling is with it. This is the OTA we were all talking about.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to booey24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #13  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 9

88 posts
More
I got the OTA but I get an error when trying to install it every time. It gets stuck at 25%. I'm rooted but stock otherwise...
26th June 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #14  
Flag Logansport, IN
Thanks Meter: 398

2,058 posts
More
I got the update notification last nite but it then said I was running a modified system. I'm running MOAR right now.

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away
26th June 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
I let the phone sit overnight and retried the wifi calling E-sign setup and it went right though without a call to Sprint. The caveat to wifi calling is you must provide a legit street address for every wifi network you add for 911 purposes.
26th June 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,825

2,742 posts
More
I went to settings/system updates just for the heck of it, and had an update waiting(144.29MB). I'm on Boost. Didn't take it so I can catch the Boost/VM tar when it drops to Kies, but thought you all might want to know it's out for Boost too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris _2.1_2010

I got the update notification last nite but it then said I was running a modified system. I'm running MOAR right now.

Off topic but could you please tell me what font that is?
26th June 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 29

149 posts
Quote:

The caveat to wifi calling is you must provide a legit street address for every wifi network you add for 911 purposes.

Which to me is dumb. It should detect with GPS and only require address if it can't.

How's this any different vs. me driving to another city and calling 911 from my cell phone from inside a building?

The call centers, depending what they support either get:
A) Just phone number with the address that reverses to that number.
B) A and GPS cord, if avil. (sadly many emergency centers don't support this)
C) Approx location based on cell tower triangulation (this is actually more rare to happen)
D) no data returned

At best the app should connect and enable to the WiFi network you select and just work and if possible get location via GPS or pop-up saying no location. It can still do 911 based on IP gelocation.

What happens in an emergency when someone wants to call 911, has 0 service, finds a random open host spot, jumps on it and doesn't have time to go playing with this damn app to put in an address just to call 911 that they could tell the Op the location/address and even if it was incorrect call center they could re-route/transfer.

The Airave I understand, they want to make sure you're not trying to use Sprint service in a non-Sprint area or international etc. which is silly given you could now do it with this app as the only thing it cares about as an addy for e911, which for mine I have an incorrect made up location put in and it accepted lmao.
26th June 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #19  
Flag Logansport, IN
Thanks Meter: 398

2,058 posts
More
Quote:

Off topic but could you please tell me what font that is?

Droid font I found a long time ago. I even got some text icons in the same format lol.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yz67zg0mm...go-Regular.ttf

The Following User Says Thank You to Eris _2.1_2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #20  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by booey24

I haven't talked to anyone that has received the OTA.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

there is a zip floating around to just update if you havnt rooted yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread