Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Yet another bricked S4?

Tip us?

no1speshal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Yet another bricked S4?

Hello All. I have an AT&T SGH-I337 that was running 4.2 and was rooted. I do not know what I did to this poor thing to make it like this but now when I turn it on, it just says "Samsung" and "unlocked." That is it. Any combination of hard keys results in the same thing:
Volume up and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume down and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume up, home, and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume down, home, and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume up, volume down, screaming and shouting, power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
When I plug it into my computer it does not even recognize I have plugged anything in. Tried running Kies and got the same thing: "plug in device" even though it is plugged in and says "Samsung" and "unlocked."

Can anyone help me get this going again or do I have a really fancy paper weight? Thanks for all your help in advance.

no1speshal

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1speshal View Post
Hello All. I have an AT&T SGH-I337 that was running 4.2 and was rooted. I do not know what I did to this poor thing to make it like this but now when I turn it on, it just says "Samsung" and "unlocked." That is it. Any combination of hard keys results in the same thing:
Volume up and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume down and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume up, home, and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume down, home, and power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
Volume up, volume down, screaming and shouting, power = "Samsung" and "unlocked."
When I plug it into my computer it does not even recognize I have plugged anything in. Tried running Kies and got the same thing: "plug in device" even though it is plugged in and says "Samsung" and "unlocked."

Can anyone help me get this going again or do I have a really fancy paper weight? Thanks for all your help in advance.

no1speshal
Just keep holding power and volume down even after it vibrates. If it can do enough to load the splash it should still give download mode. In that case you can reflash whatever firmware you had through ODIN.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no1speshal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Just keep holding power and volume down even after it vibrates. If it can do enough to load the splash it should still give download mode. In that case you can reflash whatever firmware you had through ODIN.
How long should I hold the buttons? I see me holding the buttons while everyone laughs...

Thanks for the help, though.

no1speshal

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1speshal View Post
How long should I hold the buttons? I see me holding the buttons while everyone laughs...

Thanks for the help, though.

no1speshal
Ah, you can stop holding now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app