Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Straight Talk LTE?

Tip us?

Click Here To Win
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Straight Talk LTE?

Ok before I begin:

Device: HTC One m7 (verizon, but works on any GSM/CDMA)
Using Straight Talk ATT.

I've been doing some research for the last couple of days. Some say LTE is not supported anymore, others say it is, but you have to force LTE.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my phone to stay at 4g/ LTE speeds without defaulting to 2g/EDGE.

I've tried using *#*#4636#*#* and selecting "TD-SCDMA,GSM and LTE", but this later defaults to GSM/Auto.

Also status bar displays EDGE, and in settings/ device info it shows Mobile Network Type: EDGE.

This is getting frustrating because I was using T-Mobile straight talk and had the same issue. All I'm trying to do is get LTE working.

So what I am asking is: Is there a way to force my Straight Talk ATT phone to use LTE?

I live in the city, and know for sure that LTE works everywhere here.
OMG Click HERE to Win Absolutely NOTHING!

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click Here To Win View Post
Ok before I begin:

Device: HTC One m7 (verizon, but works on any GSM/CDMA)
Using Straight Talk ATT.

I've been doing some research for the last couple of days. Some say LTE is not supported anymore, others say it is, but you have to force LTE.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my phone to stay at 4g/ LTE speeds without defaulting to 2g/EDGE.

I've tried using *#*#4636#*#* and selecting "TD-SCDMA,GSM and LTE", but this later defaults to GSM/Auto.

Also status bar displays EDGE, and in settings/ device info it shows Mobile Network Type: EDGE.

This is getting frustrating because I was using T-Mobile straight talk and had the same issue. All I'm trying to do is get LTE working.

So what I am asking is: Is there a way to force my Straight Talk ATT phone to use LTE?

I live in the city, and know for sure that LTE works everywhere here.
You may have better answers in the verizon forum. This may not be an option though as I think LTE anntenna is different in that modle and wont connect to none verizon lte as the GSM radio is not the primary one. I would never advise getting a CDMA device to run on a GSM network. It alomst never gets anything other then edge.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

Click Here To Win
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes, that's the answer I have been getting.

But some said that their is a way around it.

I also have a Verizon access code from Straight Talk, but cannot activate it...

I keep getting the error when trying to activate on Straighttalk.com that the zip code i provided doesn't have coverage. It does so for every single zip code... and I mean EVERY zip code, no matter which city.

Any Idea on this?

If I could get it to work with Verizon, I wouldn't look further.
OMG Click HERE to Win Absolutely NOTHING!