Straight Talk LTE?

OP Click Here To Win

28th June 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Ok before I begin:

Device: HTC One m7 (verizon, but works on any GSM/CDMA)
Using Straight Talk ATT.

I've been doing some research for the last couple of days. Some say LTE is not supported anymore, others say it is, but you have to force LTE.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my phone to stay at 4g/ LTE speeds without defaulting to 2g/EDGE.

I've tried using *#*#4636#*#* and selecting "TD-SCDMA,GSM and LTE", but this later defaults to GSM/Auto.

Also status bar displays EDGE, and in settings/ device info it shows Mobile Network Type: EDGE.

This is getting frustrating because I was using T-Mobile straight talk and had the same issue. All I'm trying to do is get LTE working.

So what I am asking is: Is there a way to force my Straight Talk ATT phone to use LTE?

I live in the city, and know for sure that LTE works everywhere here.
28th June 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,246

14,668 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click Here To Win

Ok before I begin:

Device: HTC One m7 (verizon, but works on any GSM/CDMA)
Using Straight Talk ATT.

I've been doing some research for the last couple of days. Some say LTE is not supported anymore, others say it is, but you have to force LTE.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my phone to stay at 4g/ LTE speeds without defaulting to 2g/EDGE.

I've tried using *#*#4636#*#* and selecting "TD-SCDMA,GSM and LTE", but this later defaults to GSM/Auto.

Also status bar displays EDGE, and in settings/ device info it shows Mobile Network Type: EDGE.

This is getting frustrating because I was using T-Mobile straight talk and had the same issue. All I'm trying to do is get LTE working.

So what I am asking is: Is there a way to force my Straight Talk ATT phone to use LTE?

I live in the city, and know for sure that LTE works everywhere here.

You may have better answers in the verizon forum. This may not be an option though as I think LTE anntenna is different in that modle and wont connect to none verizon lte as the GSM radio is not the primary one. I would never advise getting a CDMA device to run on a GSM network. It alomst never gets anything other then edge.
29th June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Yes, that's the answer I have been getting.

But some said that their is a way around it.

I also have a Verizon access code from Straight Talk, but cannot activate it...

I keep getting the error when trying to activate on Straighttalk.com that the zip code i provided doesn't have coverage. It does so for every single zip code... and I mean EVERY zip code, no matter which city.

Any Idea on this?

If I could get it to work with Verizon, I wouldn't look further.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread